Whirlpool 6th sense washing machine F13 error

Hi, we have a whirlpool washing machine 6th sense (model is AWOE8759B) and it flashed up a F13 error. Now it won't power up and the door won't open. I've tried switching fuses and turning off at the mains but no joy. I've googled for F13 but not found much of note - the manual says to press reset but as no power we can't do that.

Has anyone had similar or know how to fix it? It's only 14 months old so a bit miffed with it!

ta - took a gander and it is similar to what I saw on google about checking wires to the CCU. Taken the back off and can't see any loose wires. Guess will have to call a repair fella. Last time I buy whirlpool - never had any problem with Bosch or LG stuff that we've had for years and it isn't like this washing machine was a cheapo...

Think I got it - so I'll post the resolution here in case anyone else has the issue.

I saw on another site that F13 might be a door lock issue. I removed the top of the washing machine and looked down the inside of the front panel. There is the latch and nothing obvious to pull. I turned it off and put my hand in and fiddled about and tired the door and it opened. I then plugged back in and the power came on and the indicator lights lit up.

I have done the same thing. Opened the top, fiddled put my hand inside and fiddled with the door lock. the door then opened. plugged in again and everything was back to normal. Nevertheless, the problem arises again from time to time and I have to repeat the operation to normalize the washing machine.

Brilliant!! :D I have a 6th Sense Whirpool washing machine that is 22 months old and this advice just saved me a non refundable £120 and that was just for a washing machine engineer to come out and look at it. Goodness knows how much he would've charged for parts??

Thanks!!!

Hello there,

I am so glad my suggestion helped you. Nevertheless, if your washing machine is less than 2 years old, you should be covered by the guarantie and the Wirlpool service should change the faulty door lock, provided you are not charged £120!!!

Apparently, several such whirlpool washing machines were manufactured with a slightly faulty door lock, which I had finally changed in Italy under warrantie for a standard cost of 25 Euros.

Good luck.

Hi there all,

Just a quick note...I have had washing locked in the machine for a couple of days whilst my wife has nagged me to call out an engineer to get it sorted. I googled the F13 code showing on the LED display which brought me here...

I took the top off but unfortunately after twiddling a few wires couldn't seem to fix the problem. A while ago I had a problem with my video camera and on the forum it advised hitting the offending area 6 times with the palm of my hand..surprisingly this worked perfectly.

Therefore as I could not get twiddling the wires to work I banged the door by the handle once, with the palm of my hand...gentle enough not to break it but hard enough to have an effect as the door then opened and the electrical display returned to normal.

I love it when in this day and age of high technology a swift clump will do the trick!

Cheers for the advice.

Tony

Hi, we have a whirlpool washing machine 6th sense (model is AWOE8759B) and it flashed up a F13 error. Now it won't power up and the door won't open. I've tried switching fuses and turning off at the mains but no joy. I've googled for F13 but not found much of note - the manual says to press reset but as no power we can't do that.

Has anyone had similar or know how to fix it? It's only 14 months old so a bit miffed with it!

If you have no extended guarantee I would advise ringing the place you bought it from anyway. They should be able to help:D

If you have no extended guarantee I would advise ringing the place you bought it from anyway. They should be able to help:D

Denlin, did you not read the rest of the posts showing the problem resolution?

Cheers

Tony

How can I thank you enough guys, was gonna call and engineer till I can here! Hubby was going to take top of then I saw post about giving it a thump at door and guess what,,,,? it worked!!!!! Door opened lights back to normal tytyty:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

UNBELIEVABLE, thought I'd try the whack to the door handle first before I took the top off and started messing about inside and like magic the display fired up and the machine started spinning straight away.BRILLIANT!!!

Wife thinks I'm the dogs dangleys