Bus hit my parked car!!

It was on laughton road in dinnington. but their insurance have sorted me a hire car which has just arrived, a very very nice white brand new astra sri

Its going to get hit - people wont be able to see it :hihi:

Oh yeah i didnt think of that, it better not had, i will cry

Oh yeah i didnt think of that, it better not had, i will cry

Ask them if you can keep it:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I said to the man that brought it, they can just give me this one and take mine, only about 10 grand difference in price. I think with all the trauma i deserve it

The police informed me it wasn't a police matter and i should inform my insurance company, as you can imagine i was furious. I explained that he drove off leaving the scene of the accident without giving me any details, but still it made no difference. The law is an ass!!!

The police in this country will do and say anything to avoid lifting a finger. They're a national disgrace.

I disagree with the police not doing anything, they have been brilliant with me, i had an officer come here to see me today as I couldnt get to them and he was brilliant and is going to speak to the driver involved

I was stood opposite my parked car and saw the bus hit it, he refused to give me his details etc.. so i rang the depot they gave me an address to write too, however after examining my car today it has buckled my back wheel, and the side of the car is a mess!

As you can guess im far from happy , but if i use my insurance to sort it my premium will sky rocket and i just cant afford it too.

I know i can legally deal with this myself as it wasnt my fault it was the bus drivers fault, but not sure what i am supose to do anyone help please.

I cant be without my car

i can't believe he did not swap details i work for first and he should carry an accident form to exchange details, looks like the driver will be down the road if you proceed cos a lot of the vehicles av cctv

Here is the specific point in law http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/170

(1)This section applies in a case where, owing to the presence of a [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] on a road [F2or other public place], an accident occurs by which—(a) This section applies in a case where, owing to the presence of a [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] on a road [F2or other public place], an accident occurs by which—

(i)to a vehicle other than that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] or a trailer drawn by that [F1mechanically propelled vehicle],

(2)The driver of the [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] must stop and, if required to do so by any person having reasonable grounds for so requiring, give his name and address and also the name and address of the owner and the identification marks of the vehicle.

(3)If for any reason the driver of the [F1mechanically propelled vehicle] does not give his name and address under subsection (2) above, he must report the accident.

(4)A person who fails to comply with subsection (2) or (3) above is guilty of an offence.

Basicly he has failed to stop, give details to you who has reasonable grounds to ask for them - he has refused and driven off.

His only let-off would be ...

(6)To comply with a duty under this section to report an accident or to produce such a certificate of insurance or security, or other evidence, as is mentioned in section 165(2)(a) of this Act, the driver—

(a)must do so at a police station or to a constable, and

(b)must do so as soon as is reasonably practicable and, in any case, within twenty-four hours of the occurrence of the accident.

He informs the bus company of the RTC, and either he contacts the police or their manager or whoever should depending on how they opperate.

I know this isn't much but it may be leverage with the bus company - hope this helps.

The police officer I spoke too earlier says its pretty much a closed case as the insurance clearly know it was the bus drivers fault as they have supplied me with a courtesy car immediatly

Didn't you say at the start that the police refused to help?

And apart from some rudeness from the bus company initially, once you've got through to the right person they've done the right thing haven't they!

Yes cyclone, for once i can say the insurance company have been brilliiant, and i mentioned the police before when i had an accident a few years ago with a taxi they couldnt be bothered so i never rang them but this time they have been great

Ah okay, got it now. Probably just depends on which person you speak to on the day, much like in many other jobs you get good ones and bad ones.