Bus hit my parked car!!

I don't know about stagecoach but first have an insurance department and would come to check the paint transfer, identify the bus (which will need repairing) and have the car repaired. Doesn't help in this case though.

The woman from their insurance has been brilliant, She said obviously as their insurance company she has to take the drivers word for it that he didnt do it, but she also added that the fact there is paint transfer on my car showing that it was the bus that hit me then him denying it wont help his case at all it will just prolong his dismissal for a short period. but she is getting me a courtesy car sorted and delivered to me today which i was very grateful for, but ive just filled my car up with petrol :mad:

Atleast ill have a car and am so glad i saw the accident or I would of been devastated and have no car and no way of sorting this mess either.

It astounds me at peoples ignorance, I paid alot of money for my car, its the most expensive thing i own, ive only just paid it off and then some idiot in a bus thinks its ok to just deny it and damage it.

Isn't it illegal to refuse to give your details when involved in an accident?

i was on a bus yesterday and the driver blatently took out a couple of wing mirrors but shouted to the passengers that the noise was kids with snowballs !! tut tut

yes serapis it is thats why i have now rang the police and they are coming to take a statement from me, i could just leave it but why should i how many other peoples cars did this man hit and not do anything, i was lucky i saw him do it or id have to claim threw my insurance which would cost me £600 excess

I wonder if thats why we get lots of messages about abandoned cars - alot maybe in bad positions - but sometimes i think buses use it as an excuse.

mine was parked normally i had driven it there it wasnt abandoned anywhere

mine was parked normally i had driven it there it wasnt abandoned anywhere

I didnt mean your car....i meant bus drivers themselves using the term as an excuse if they hit anything.

Let me guess. Is First behind this at all? If so, they did the same to me. A bus side swiped me and the driver refused to give me any details and instead, asked me to contact the company. It seems to be standard policy.

However, I left my insurance company to deal with it. They still denied responsibility and it took six months of legal wrangling to get my car sorted out.

Yep I'm another one with exactly the same story, albeit a while ago now. The pink paint all over the car was all the evidence I needed, but it was clear it was company policy to simply deny it.

unless i've missed it you still haven't said which road this occurred on?

Id be ringing the police which you need to do anyway.Failing to give details is an offence.

Im sure it isnt but if you just give the details to your insurance company they will deal with everything

It was on laughton road in dinnington. but their insurance have sorted me a hire car which has just arrived, a very very nice white brand new astra sri