Bus hit my parked car!!

When i drove for Mainline (as it was in the 1990's) Drivers carried accident forms which had to be filled in at the scene and then handed in at the garage. Kev

No reason for him to give you his details, it's not his insurance that you need to contact, it's the bus companies.[/Quote]

Wrong. its an offence to withold your details after an accident. he should have company details to give.

You need to contact the police.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

Your car was involved in an accident, have you never had one? Doesn't matter if you were driving, parked, if it's your fault or not. You have the bus' details, pass them on to your insurance.

Errrrrm...

he refused to give me his details etc

i don't understand why you wont go through your insurance, it wasn't your fault so surely your premiums wont be effected:huh: as for the driver i'm really can't understand him not giving you them, he could lose his job over that, unless he was one accident away from the sack anyway. i know i would give details if i ever put my bus into another car, not worth risking my job or even police involvement

I was stood opposite my parked car and saw the bus hit it, he refused to give me his details etc.. so i rang the depot they gave me an address to write too, however after examining my car today it has buckled my back wheel, and the side of the car is a mess!

As you can guess im far from happy , but if i use my insurance to sort it my premium will sky rocket and i just cant afford it too.

I know i can legally deal with this myself as it wasnt my fault it was the bus drivers fault, but not sure what i am supose to do anyone help please.

I cant be without my car

u should have got reg no bus identity no printed in black on front side and rear of vehicle then u should have got time date location and drawn a diagram to keep it all fresh in your mind as insurance will need all this and yes driver has commited a offence not giving details but as post previously stated about police they havent got the recourses to chase it up but u might get ur car fixed if u proceed with a claim driver all carry accident forms if there doin there job properly .

Happyguy, did you pay extra for legal cover when you got your insurance? If you report it to your insurers whether you clam or not you will have to disclose it for the next 5 years and it will affect your premiums. If you can claim yourself it would be a lot better, put it in writing to them with photographs of the damage.

I would have called the police to be honest, he should have given you his details. The bus company should be insured against this.

You can try an accident management company possibly? Last time someone drove into our car we used one, they organised us a courtesy car, sorted the repairs and chased the other party's insurance provider for the money. We didn't have to do anything really. I think it was Easidrive or something like that. Didn't affect my OH's no claims or policy as the accident wasn't his fault (he was parked).

I was in an accident which was caused by the other driver, he pulled out on me, i swerved, missed his car but i did hit a lampost which caused a couple of hundred pounds worth of damage. The other driver stopped, luckily neither my wife or i were injured. I walked over to the other car to get his details...he saw me coming and drove off! I managed to get his number plate and headed straight for the local police station.

The police informed me it wasn't a police matter and i should inform my insurance company, as you can imagine i was furious. I explained that he drove off leaving the scene of the accident without giving me any details, but still it made no difference. The law is an ass!!!

thank you all for your replies. The insurance company will insist that if you tell them about an accident that wasnt your fault it wont effect your premiums, but trust me it does. A few years ago a got hit by a taxi did everything as i should of and went straight to my insurance, and guess what when my insrance was up for renewal it sky rocketed and there explanation was they has paper work to deal with and I didnt have legal cover which i dont have now, my insurance is £1400 a year and legal cover added another £500 which i just could not afford. Im going to ring the company today and see what they say, but I had my dad look at my car and oh my god it is a mess, I thought it was just the wheel arch so didnt pay much attention, however theres red paint down the door handle, blue paint on my alloy wheel at the back which has also buckled so he must of hit that part with the corner of the back of the bus no other way of explaining how he has hit my back wheel, and obviously cant say it was stuck out as back wheels dont. I am really angry today because of this and I now have no car to get from A to B I live out in the sticks and that is my lifeline, but I dare not drive it. I drove it yesterday and there is a banging on the passenger side (where he hit) and with the wheel being wonky I really dont want my children in the car.

Just rang bus depot to see what is happening and I am fuming, not only were they really rude, when they said well write to insurance and explain what happened, when i said I'm sorry but i need this dealing with not in 6 weeks time he said well thats all im doing! ARGHHHHHH so mad, so i said well while your bus driver is tootling around in his own car im meant to have nothing and they hung up. So rang police reported it to them, (they were lovely) rang their insurance and she is sorting it for me, i explained why i didnt want to go threw my insurance and she said that isnt a problem, as obviously it was the buses fault and she even said because of the paint transfer he can not really deny it, and can not say it was my fault as i wasnt even in the car. Im just so thankful that i saw him do it, if i had returned and found it like that what would i of done then. The lady is dealing with it for me now, and says she will sort me a courtesy car until the repair is completed, which i think isnt going to be until after xmas now

Is this the insurance department of the bus company that are now helping out?