Bus hit my parked car!!

I was stood opposite my parked car and saw the bus hit it, he refused to give me his details etc.. so i rang the depot they gave me an address to write too, however after examining my car today it has buckled my back wheel, and the side of the car is a mess!

As you can guess im far from happy , but if i use my insurance to sort it my premium will sky rocket and i just cant afford it too.

I know i can legally deal with this myself as it wasnt my fault it was the bus drivers fault, but not sure what i am supose to do anyone help please.

I cant be without my car

which road was this?

You pay insurance for a reason. I'd almost guarantee that the bus companies iunsurance will have reservations about dealing with you privately.

You must report it to your insurance company otherwise your policy can be void even if you don't claim. Why would it affect your insurance anyway, you're not at fault and your insurance company are far more experienced at dealing with these things and will get the stupid so and so the ticking off he deserves and the bus company will have to pay

Your car was involved in an accident, have you never had one? Doesn't matter if you were driving, parked, if it's your fault or not. You have the bus' details, pass them on to your insurance.

Id be ringing the police which you need to do anyway.Failing to give details is an offence.

I was stood opposite my parked car and saw the bus hit it, he refused to give me his details etc.. so i rang the depot they gave me an address to write too, however after examining my car today it has buckled my back wheel, and the side of the car is a mess!

As you can guess im far from happy , but if i use my insurance to sort it my premium will sky rocket and i just cant afford it too.

I know i can legally deal with this myself as it wasnt my fault it was the bus drivers fault, but not sure what i am supose to do anyone help please.

I cant be without my car

My bold.

Then he broke the law.

Contact the police, tell them what happened then take him and the bus company to the cleaners.

My bold.

Then he broke the law.

Contact the police, tell them what happened then take him and the bus company to the cleaners.

Doesn't work like that. Same thing happened to me. A First bus hit my car and wrote it off. The driver got out and looked at it and just drove off. There was a witness to this who left me a message and she was put in touch with the police. I also reported it and gave a statement.

First refused to name the driver or do anything about it but they did accept full responsibility for the accident, though. The police dropped it because they get so many of these they don't have the time to chase them up.

It's disgusting but what can you do?

Doesn't work like that. Same thing happened to me. A First bus hit my car and wrote it off. The driver got out and looked at it and just drove off. There was a witness to this who left me a message and she was put in touch with the police. I also reported it and gave a statement.

First refused to name the driver or do anything about it but they did accept full responsibility for the accident, though. The police dropped it because they get so many of these they don't have the time to chase them up.

It's disgusting but what can you do?

Thats seriously stinks.

Ive lost count of the amount of times a bus has pulled out without signaling or gone through a red light forcing me to brake.

I see why now, they know their bosses will back them and the cops are too stretched to deal with them.

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

No reason for him to give you his details, it's not his insurance that you need to contact, it's the bus companies.

No reason for him to give you his details, it's not his insurance that you need to contact, it's the bus companies.

Its the drivers responsibility to give his details and the details of his company.It is not for the third party to do detective work to obtain them?!