Solid Wall External insulation - Any Recommendations

We have a solid-walled house, and one large wall is causing us a few problems. On the inside the downstairs on this side has been tanked with a stud wall installed. The upstairs however is very very cold to touch, and forms mould due to condensation (despite us keeping a window slightly open all year).

I think the only option we really have is external solid wall insulation (SWI), but I've heard this can be very pricey. The wall is already rendered.

Apart from stud-walling the whole of the upstairs (which would include re-positioning a bathroom suite!), does anyone have any other good ideas?

Has anyone had SWI done in the Sheffield area? Was it expensive?

HELP!

There are two ways of insulating this wall. Insulated plasterboard and skim or external insulated render. The internal option is the cheaper of the two and can be straight forward. At least the only problem is refitting the skirting board. At worst it could involve refitting a cornice moulding, re-plumbing a radiator and extending and electrical wall socket or switch. The worst problem to get over is if there is a door frame up to the outside wall, it's either a smaller door or move the frame over the left/right a bit.

Insulating the outside could be strait forward if there is no windows or soil pipes involved. The soil pipe is the hardest obstacle to get around.

Try my renderer who specializes in insulated render systems. His name is John Briggs and can be found at http://www.rendermaster.co.uk he could also quote for the inside option as well. He has been rendering Sheffield homes for years.

idont know if john will do it i used to work for him and he mainly specailises in sand and cement render im sure he will be able to help if not i will please call on 07411459537

idont know if john will do it i used to work for him and he mainly specailises in sand and cement render im sure he will be able to help if not i will please call on 07411459537

You can buy an insulated material that comes on a roll. Here is website check it out. I have the same problem and saw my mate who is a decorator like me and he put this up in a rented accomadation.http://www.mgcltd.co.uk