Blue Ball Wharncliffe Side children not welcome

Never had any bother taking my lad in there, he's 9 and as boisterous as the next, never been asked to behave or anything like that.

And no not annoying anyone else, if this had been the case they would have been told by us. :rant:

Clearly, they did annoy someone - you just did not notice!

i disagree i am 29 and both my boys have manners and respect they have had this taught from a early age and behave extremly well when out eating and we get lots of comments mainly from older generation about how well mannered they are and how nice they eat 1 barmaid asked recently if we had asked the boys to tidy the table after finishing our meal to which our reply was no they did it on own initiative so dont think its a generation thing its a thing where people cant be bothered to educate there kids right!!!

Good for you , there's not many families like you around today but believe me you do get noticed and stand out in the crowd.

Never had any bother taking my lad in there, he's 9 and as boisterous as the next, never been asked to behave or anything like that.

No neither have we before and been in prob about 20 times since young child was born and never had a problem, obviously she was having an off day and my children got the brunt.

And thanks Sambam for your support as most on here obviously think I have a pair of delinquents. If you want to go to nice food pubs that welcome children, I would try the castle at Bolsterstone and the Mustard Pot. Know they are both a bit of out the way, but been to them both recently with my 'DELINQUENTS' and made to feel quite welcome. Although food at both a bit more expensive at least you feel that they value your custom:)

Clearly, they did annoy someone - you just did not notice!

I watch my children all of the time and the only think they obviously did wrong (along with another child) was look and touch (which I told them off for, before she said anything) some of the decorations. Exploring is how children learn, as well as knowing their boundaries so instead of making judging maybe you should have the facts first.

Sorry to be rude now but it is really annoying me now that I seem to be being judged, when the points I am making is that 1) they were not being unruly 2) I can take my children anywhere and they have NEVER been asked to behave 3) If they were being so bad why did it take 1 and a half hours to tell us, were not even asked politely before to just get them to sit down (put saying that the way she spoke to us obviously indicates she needs manners of her own) 4) We have been in many times before an never been spoken to about behaviour:loopy:

Sound like lovely boys:) I also get compliments about mine (which is one of the reason I started this thread as they do not misbehave). Think some people just expect that when you have kids you should only go where other children are and that they do not want to sit down and have a meal with their families. My daughter especially likes to clear up as well and was distraught yesterday as she thought she had done something wrong and could not understand what she had done wrong, how could I answer that without explaining that sorry the lady obviously does not like children ( I didn't by way and the way and just said they had no food left).

sum people are like this i agree that it is not the right of others in the pub just to expect your kids to sit in one place without moving thats against there rights after all they are CHILDREN most adults cannot do this when there in a pub lol and i really wouldnt let her bother u too much sounds like a very lame pub!!!

I live 5 mins from the blue ball and i have been going there for the last 10 years or more and its never been a problem taking in my child or any other children for that matter, AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THEM IN CONTROL ! if you did then maybe it was a one off, i know the lass you are talking about and i know she can sometimes come across wrong but shes only trying to run a pub and not a play group! for me id take kids in and keep them sat down as you would at home during meals times would you let them run all over in your doorways and rooms you are serving piping hot food in etc? how would you feel if your child got red hot custurd all over there face and body? mmm like others have said go to meadow farm pub or similar and then before and after they can run round :-)

While I appreciate this incident and following thread of comments arose in 2010, I feel obliged as the new(ish) Landlady to leave a comment. I am quite horrified that after googling the Blue Ball, this is near the top!

Previous to being in the pub trade I spent 6 years working with children of all ages and abilities as a Playworker and I can assure any customers with children that they are more than welcome in our establishment.

We hold three popular children's parties each year at Easter, Halloween and Christmas with a disco, party games, crafts and prizes all free of charge. I can appreciate that children from the local community and further afield who visit us do tend to sit quietly and behave accordingly. I can say in our two years here I have never had a problem with any child visiting. Therefore it is nice (although not for everyone) to allow them full reign of the pub on these party evenings.

So if you have little ones please don't be put off by these reviews and look out for our party dates on our Facebook page.

Thank you

Alicja

While I appreciate this incident and following thread of comments arose in 2010, I feel obliged as the new(ish) Landlady to leave a comment. I am quite horrified that after googling the Blue Ball, this is near the top!

Previous to being in the pub trade I spent 6 years working with children of all ages and abilities as a Playworker and I can assure any customers with children that they are more than welcome in our establishment.

We hold three popular children's parties each year at Easter, Halloween and Christmas with a disco, party games, crafts and prizes all free of charge. I can appreciate that children from the local community and further afield who visit us do tend to sit quietly and behave accordingly. I can say in our two years here I have never had a problem with any child visiting. Therefore it is nice (although not for everyone) to allow them full reign of the pub on these party evenings.

So if you have little ones please don't be put off by these reviews and look out for our party dates on our Facebook page.

Thank you

Alicja

It's true! Me and my partner go to the Blue Ball for Carvery a couple of times a month with our daughter and we/she love it there. Proper pub with nice food, and great staff.

kids should not be allowed to run around in pubs they are not playgrounds we have it in our local with young children running silly in the games area where we have to keep on eye on them and one eye on the dartboard because parents are not watching their children if one got hit by a dart bouncing out of the board or run into a pool cue the parents would be blaming the players and not the darling offspring or themselves for not having proper control pubs are adult venues in the first instance and whilst i accept they are becoming more family oriented it is not the resonsibility of the staff or other punters to babysit children most of us go there for a break from such tasks