Ambulance stuck in snow and for what?

How many houses did you burgle and old women did you mug to feed your addiction?

x

Perhaps if he did he mightn't want to share that publically.

Not sure why you're having a go at him though; if the lads been clean for six years, 'well done' might be more appropriate.

Not sure why you're having a go at him though; if the lads been clean for six years, 'well done' might be more appropriate.

Yes, well, seeing as you never criticise smackrats present or former heroin addicts, you haven't just been wished an opiate addiction and forced removal on yourself or your family.

Merry Christmas indeed.

Remember - buying heroin is unpatriotic and supports terrorists!

x

The guy on methadone shouldn't have called an ambulance just for methadone. That was completely wrong.

BUT they are obviously trying to kick a heroin habit and more strength to them. All those criticising "junkies" I wish opiate addiction and forced withdrawal on all of you and your children. Perhaps then you would be able to see a less bigoted, ignorant point of view. Merry Christmas.

(Former addict in recovery for the last 6 years)

Why would he not want to share? seems from his last post that he is quite generous with is vile opinions.

The guy on methadone shouldn't have called an ambulance just for methadone. That was completely wrong.

BUT they are obviously trying to kick a heroin habit and more strength to them. All those criticising "junkies" I wish opiate addiction and forced withdrawal on all of you and your children. Perhaps then you would be able to see a less bigoted, ignorant point of view. Merry Christmas.

(Former addict in recovery for the last 6 years)

What do you wish on Drug suppliers/ makers ? just wondered.

What about the ones that sell the methadone they get to buy real heroin - or the ones that just use it as a "top up"

I know that most people have to take it in front of the chemist but im sure that some just do get it as a "takeaway"...

come back when you actually understand about substitution therapy and get your facts from somewhere more reliable that the Heily Hate and the Faily Express

come back when you actually understand about substitution therapy and get your facts from somewhere more reliable that the Heily Hate and the Faily Express

I dont read daily papers.

Are you trying to tell me that it doesnt happen ?

And my facts are from experience - I have had friends and a relative that have been through addiction....

Edited by Ghostrider

I dont know why you have an attitide. The fact is this does happen!! Ive dealtwith drug addicts both professionally and personally. Your burying your head deep in the sand if you think some users dont abuse methadone!

As a perfect example my cousin was a drug addict, he went on rehab schemes 4 times before he finally 'wanted' to give up (hes been clean 2yrs now and has a new life) and on those 4 times when he couldnt get a score he abused the use of methadone and begged and pleaded for more and bought it off the streets because it was a cheaper top up/free drug to take his edge off!

I've seen some right tosh brought to A&E over the past few days after people have called 999.

Its no different to the rest of the year really, except potentially risking the crews lives in the icy conditions.

I'd like to throw something out there about heroin/methadone withdrawl... its really not that bad. How many addicts die after withdrawing from heroin? None? How many alcoholics die after withdrawing from alcohol? 65% says some research (if left untreated).

It may be unpleasant for a few hours going cold turkey but its certainly not life threatening.

What about the ones that sell the methadone they get to buy real heroin - or the ones that just use it as a "top up"

I know that most people have to take it in front of the chemist but im sure that some just do get it as a "takeaway"...

Well you would have to sell 100 ml of methadone to make £10 and the average dose (from memory) is about 45ml per day. £10 worth of heroin would hold someone with a moderate habit for about 6 hours maximum. The maths don't really work out. I HAVE seen methadone sold, but not as commonly as dihydrocodeine or Valium (mostly sourced from older people who do not use opiates but swap them for cannabis).

Those that "top-up" should be on an adequate dose of methadone in the first place and they wouldn't feel the need to use heroin on top. Both of these practices are pretty rare in my 25 years of experience.

Supervised consumption in front of the dispensing chemist is the norm for patients prescribed methadone for the first 6 months of being in receipt of a script. I am not aware of very many (if any) exceptions to this rule (laid down in the Clinical Guidelines).

I think this is a disgusting thing to say. Shows how much of a good person you are doesn't it?!

I agree that it's shocking to do this, more so in this weather. I cannot believe that people are defending this drain on society.

And I think that wishing withdrawal, crippling pain and misery on a methadone addict is a disgusting thing to say. Guess we're pretty much even on the "goodness" stakes.

I think what Lean Wilf meant was that no-one can know the pain of withdrawal unless they have been through it themselves or seen it first hand.

Thank you. That was the second meaning intended by my words. It is always better to speak from a position of knowledge and empathy when shouting your mouth off :-)

I have seen it first hand. My sister was an IV heroin addict for a number of years. I was there when she went in to rehab the first 20 million times and then I was there when she tried to go it alone.

She is now clean. She would NEVER have called an ambulance. Also she got into it cause her friends were doing it. She was young, she was stupid, but she would never wish ill on another person nor a child.

Congratulations to your sister. She may never wish ill on another or their children but some of the lackwits in this thread seem to be wishing just that upon a methadone addict. I guess this proves that we are all different.