Roads and Public Transport - Saturday 4th Dec

Milkman managed to deliver today so well done that man. Don't think he could've got on our street it's completely snowbound so he either made it to hunters bar and hiked up or else pinned rd is a bit clearer

email from em trains...

Disruption to East Midlands Trains services on Friday 3 December 2010

East Midlands Trains would like to advise you that continued poor weather conditions across northern England mean a revised timetable is operating to/from London on Friday 3 December 2010 and services across the East Midlands Trains network are subject to short notice alteration or cancellation and journey times may be extended.

Additional services over and above the timetable operated on Thursday 2 December are planned to operate to London on Friday 3 December 2010 in the morning at 0527 and 0628 with additional services planned from London in the evening at 1655, 1715, 1915 and 1955. Please view timetable available at http://email.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/re?l=93jz9dI2jtqks0I0 for full details.

An additional service to London is also planned in the evening departing Sheffield at 1927.

Friday 3 December 2010

Services to/from London St Pancras International

A revised timetable is in place for services to and from London St Pancras on Friday 3 December, with three trains per hour planned to operate throughout the day.

- An hourly train service will operate on the Sheffield - London route, serving Chesterfield, Derby, East Midlands Parkway and Leicester

- An hourly train service will operate on the Nottingham - London route, serving Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Wellingborough and Bedford

- An hourly train service will operate on the Corby - London route, serving Kettering, Wellingborough, Bedford and Luton

Additional services over and above the timetable operated on Thursday 2 December are planned to operate to London on Friday 3 December 2010 in the morning at 0527 and 0628 with additional services planned from London in the evening at 1655, 1715, 1915 and 1955. Please view timetable available at http://email.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/re?l=93jz9dI2jtqks0I1 for full details.

An additional service to London is also planned in the evening departing Sheffield at 1927.

To view the revised timetable visit: http://email.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/re?l=93jz9dI2jtqks0I2

Services on the following East Midlands Trains routes are planned to operate as normal, subject to alterations and delays. Routes include:

- Nottingham to Matlock

- Leicester to Nottingham

- Nottingham to Mansfield Woodhouse (Reduced to one train an hour, no trains will operate between Mansfield and Worksop)

- Lincoln to Peterborough

- Derby to Crewe

- Nottingham to Lincoln via Newark

As a result of the difficult weather conditions, no trains are able to run between the following locations on Friday 3 December:

- Sheffield to Liverpool via Manchester

- Lincoln to Grimsby/Cleethorpes

- Lincoln to Doncaster

- Mansfield Woodhouse to Worksop

We are working hard to restore train services on these four routes, so please check http://email.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/re?l=93jz9dI2jtqks0I3

throughout Friday 3 December for further service updates.

Thursday 2 December

Services to/from London St Pancras International

A revised timetable is in place for services to and from London St Pancras on Thursday 2 December, with three trains per hour planned to operate throughout the day.

- An hourly train service will operate on the Sheffield - London route, serving Chesterfield, Derby, East Midlands Parkway and Leicester

- An hourly train service will operate on the Nottingham - London route, serving Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Wellingborough and Bedford

- An hourly train service will operate on the Corby - London route, serving Kettering, Wellingborough, Bedford and Luton

To view the revised timetable visit: http://email.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/re?l=93jz9dI2jtqks0I4

Services on the following East Midlands Trains routes are planned to operate as normal, subject to alterations and delays. Routes include:

- Nottingham to Matlock

- Leicester to Nottingham

- Nottingham to Mansfield Woodhouse (Reduced to one train an hour, no trains will operate between Mansfield and Worksop)

- Lincoln to Peterborough

- Derby to Crewe

- Nottingham to Lincoln via Newark

As a result of the difficult weather conditions, no trains are able to run between the following locations on Thursday 2 December:

- Sheffield to Liverpool via Manchester

- Lincoln to Grimsby/Cleethorpes

- Lincoln to Doncaster

- Mansfield Woodhouse to Worksop

Ticketing arrangements

Ticket restrictions have been lifted on Friday 3 December 2010 for customers travelling on Advance Purchase tickets where they have missed their booked train due to the poor weather.

Customers with tickets for travel on Friday 3 December who choose not to travel may travel on any day until Friday 10 December 2010. Customers with tickets for travel on Wednesday 1 December and Thursday 2 December, who choose not to travel may travel on any day until Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 December 2010 respectively.

Alternatively, East Midlands Trains will refund tickets where services have been cancelled. Customers should apply to the point where they bought their tickets.

Passengers are advised to check for up-to-date travel information and leave additional time for their journeys.

Would be interested to know why there are still no buses in Beighton. Lorrys, Vans and some cars seem to be able to get about - so why not buses?

Haven't seen any route testing or anything. The sooner they get back out the sooner everything can return to normal.

Would be interested to know why there are still no buses in Beighton. Lorrys, Vans and some cars seem to be able to get about - so why not buses?

Haven't seen any route testing or anything. The sooner they get back out the sooner everything can return to normal.

Seen two buses go down Moss Way with the interior lights on this morning at 7am!

There is now a tram, supertram vans/workers and tractors up at the Leighton Road tram stop so hopefully they will be able to get the Herdings route up and running again soon.

are there any busses going from Sheffield to Swallownest/Aston yet? I got a lift into town this morning, but no idea how I am going to get back yet. the website are not a great help at all

Thanks for all the links but im struggling...

I dont use the busses so i have no idea what number to look for? Without the bus numbers you cant see if they are running?

Im trying to get to Mosbro/Halfway later?

Thanks for all the links but im struggling...

I dont use the busses so i have no idea what number to look for? Without the bus numbers you cant see if they are running?

Im trying to get to Mosbro/Halfway later?

Wouldn't it be easier getting the tram?

Wouldn't it be easier getting the tram?

I have decided to do that afterall, just diddnt fancy the squash on the tram im not good in crowded places..atall. I will have to put up with it.

are there any busses going from Sheffield to Swallownest/Aston yet? I got a lift into town this morning, but no idea how I am going to get back yet. the website are not a great help at all

52 s are turning round at Fence roundabout don't know know if you will get any nearer than that.

Does anyone know if 47/48 has started running through shiregreen yet, as off up to drs in a bit. According to stagecoach website 88 is now running down sicey ave again, so will catch that and walk to drs from there. If stagecoach can run a service down there, why cant first do an amended 47/48 down there onto green lane and back up bellhouse road?