Anyone else had their blue bin lid stolen??

We'd left our blue bin out on Monday night ready for our Tuesday collection, then with the snow it just got left there (as did everyone elses on our street - a cul de sac).

Off out for a quick drink last night the bin was on the floor (snow) and the lid missing. Then walking down the street we noticed about another 10 blue bins also missing their lids.

Will we have to pay for a new one?

If you report it stolen you will get a free replacement. Kids use them for sledges.

No what area are you in.

If they can get mine off they're welcome to it, just spent about 10 minutes prying the lid off to put a bin bag in it :gag:

Mine diappeared the first time I put the blue box out, weeks before the snow came.

I've seen loads of kids (some of them not very small kids!) using them as sledges. Loads in Bingham Park.

I've seen loads of kids (some of them not very small kids!) using them as sledges. Loads in Bingham Park.

Beat me to it with Bingam Park

That's where your bin lid will be, from the looks of it when i walked through anyway

Did you not see the snow ? If you did,they should off burgled you........for been stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veolia was saying put black bins out anyway after the first heavy snow fall and they'd do their best to collect so maybe same for blue bins. Anyway they don't deserve to be victims of crime!

Mine diappeared the first time I put the blue box out, weeks before the snow came.

Many people don't tie their plastic covers on, it pays if you do.

There's a black tie string on them to tie them on so when the wind gets up you don't loose them.

it said on calendar tonight that all refuse collections had been suspended

My entire blue bin disappeared last year when it snowed, i phoned up and got a new one, but it did take about 2 weeks