Just saw an ad for BRITISH BULLDOG X NEAPOLITAN MASTIFFS! What??

OMG just saw this ad: BRITISH BULLDOG X NEAPOLITAN MASTIFFS :o

I've heard of irresponsible cross breeding to get the latest 'designer breed' but that's insane, I mean the difference in size is crazy! I assume the bulldog is the male but I'd still be surprised if the puppies are healthy. Has anyone else heard of this? Do you think it's true? Please tell me it's not the new 'in' thing :(

Well you can’t blame chav’s for this one

http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/15/69357615.html

Ugh even if the parents are KC registered, if they're different breeds it's still a cross! If people want a mutt why don't they just adopt one from a shelter instead of this pretentious pretend breed BS? :rant: It's like they're trying to breed mini mastiffs *head desk*

Ugh even if the parents are KC registered, if they're different breeds it's still a cross! If people want a mutt why don't they just adopt one from a shelter instead of this pretentious pretend breed BS? :rant: It's like they're trying to breed mini mastiffs *head desk*

yeah they are just mongrels, like cockapoo's etc, and while dogs mate accidently, this is nothing but a selfish and greedy act.........yet the dogs will be the ones that suffer

geez. i thinking there might be some serious unhealthy dogs what are produced. i dont even think they could breeed naturally, never mind give birth

Yes I doubt it was natural, I'm guessing they artificially inseminated a neopolitan mastiff bitch with bulldog sperm. The mastiff must be the mother because I'm pretty sure that would kill the bulldog. What they're ignoring is that dogs who can't breed naturally probably shouldn't!

I hate, hate, hate the whole 'designer breed' business and this is the worst example I've seen. They're not thinking of the health of the animals, just the money!

What something like this?

http://gundogsuk.com/Springerdoodles.html

Yes I doubt it was natural, I'm guessing they artificially inseminated a neopolitan mastiff bitch with bulldog sperm. The mastiff must be the mother because I'm pretty sure that would kill the bulldog. What they're ignoring is that dogs who can't breed naturally probably shouldn't!

I hate, hate, hate the whole 'designer breed' business and this is the worst example I've seen. They're not thinking of the health of the animals, just the money!

i never thought of that............i genuinly thought they dog the bulldog stood on a box.:roll:

This alarmed me:

These puppies are due to arrive on the 5th of december, should be due to go on the 16th of January

6 weeks old :mad: Too young :(

never heard of that, but i laugh when people say they bought a cockerpoodle etc and say its a propper breed etc. (i forget the correct word at the min)

while i dont mind things like the cockerpoodle, well i do, but i hear they are good for people with allergies etc. i hate the disigner breeders etc.

one of my dogs is a mongrel, hes damn ugly but had a generally happy life, yet my prefious DSH's had to be put down due to hip displacia...

god knows what problems these pups might suffer from

Yes. It describes it as a "combination" i.e.: cross. Sounds better than many because no health probs. However it's a shame that cross breeds and mongrels die waiting for homes because people would rather have a 'designer breed' that's the same thing, so that's why I don't like that trend.

Also with the increase in demand for 'hypoallergenic' poodle crosses, many breeders sell any poodle cross as such without doing the necessary testing so the poor thing is rehomed again when the owner finds out they are allergic to it.

And the 'designer breed' problem is widespread so many crosses are bred that do have health problems, I can't imagine the Neo X bulldogs being that healthy!