Tram - Purple Route

Thanks for calling me lazy without knowing my full situation. Considering it took me 2 hours each way to get to work and back on Tuesday I don't consider myself lazy. The tram not running makes my journey even longer and more exhausting. Plus it's in my interests to get to work - I'm not in the kind of job that just disappears because I'm not there - it just mounts up so that I'll end up working even longer hours than normal to make up for it - again, not exactly a sign of laziness.

Ignore the idiot. You don't have to defend yourself to anyone.

I hope you get to work safely tomorrow.:)

Ignore the idiot. You don't have to defend yourself to anyone.

I hope you get to work safely tomorrow.:)

Thank you, it's nice to see at least a couple of posters are more sympathetic. I'm sure I'm not the only person in this position.

Just what are you on ??? Every time you reply to a post you're pulling people to peices ???? No wonder you've such a high post count! Get a life and grow up !!

You think mine is high?!?!

Anyway, share with us your knowledge of Supertrams available resources. I'm sure you know, since you think I'm talking rubbish.

What is the Purple Route even for?

It's like a 5 minute walk from town end to the last stop on the purple route, stop being lazy, you don't rely on it to get to work it would just be easier, everyone's had to make a small amount of extra effort in this weather.

What is the Purple Route even for?

It's like a 5 minute walk from town end to the last stop on the purple route, stop being lazy, you don't rely on it to get to work it would just be easier, everyone's had to make a small amount of extra effort in this weather.

Since when did everyone become so nasty on here? Try and read the full thread for why Gleadless Townend is difficult for me. I have made the extra effort - and it wasn't small. My usual 25 minute commute became 2 hours. The purple route not running will make it at least 2.5 hours - I can just about manage 4 hours travelling a day, but it's exhausting. An extra hour of walking per day would finish me off. And if I fell and had a miscarriage I'd never forgive myself - still at least you and others wouldn't think I was lazy then. :rant:

As they have limited crews then it allows the tram to be used on the main route which allows more people to be carried.

The problem is that super tram staff have to get into work as well so if they are short it makes sense to use the trams on the mainline

....which, unfortunately, does mean that while the large majority of people either have their tram service, or can walk easily enough to Town End to catch one; there will be some few people who miss out. You are unlucky enough to be one of them.

You think mine is high?!?!

Anyway, share with us your knowledge of Supertrams available resources. I'm sure you know, since you think I'm talking rubbish.

I don't know anything about Supertrams resources. What I'm saying is you and posters like you hijacking threads of people genuinley asking for advice/info and getting pointless drivel from the likes of you. Don't give up your day job, you'll never make it as a Comedian.

I don't know anything about Supertrams resources. What I'm saying is you and posters like you hijacking threads of people genuinley asking for advice/info and getting pointless drivel from the likes of you. Don't give up your day job, you'll never make it as a Comedian.

Please point out where there is "pointless drivel" from me in this thread.

Thank you.

Right,

A answer to the original question.

-Points, I presume these could easily be blocked up?

-Staffing, staff can't make it in?

-Priority, cause problems with the other, busier routes?

They're running a fairly normal service, all delays are been caused by cars etc breaking down or getting stuck in the way/ Bare in mind that while buses and trains ceased service, the trams carried on.

Edited by jd2007

Right,

A answer to the original question. The actual reason is that firstly, it's a drain on resources. Although the staff force is very dedicated and only 1 or 2 have not been able to make it in, it'd be impossible to keep everything running a usual service, the reasons are:

-Points, they would need to be set on automatic and this is dangerous in these conditions because the smallest piece of ice blocking them could cause a derailment if a tram went over them.

-Staffing, a lot of the staff are out clearing the main blue and yellow lines

-Priority, it's only a short route and not that many people use it, it'd cause problems with the other more busy services and cause more problems all round.

The trams have tried their best, they're running a fairly normal service, all delays are been caused by lorries and cars etc breaking down or getting stuck in the way and the dedicated staff force have tried their best to get in, some even walking over 2 hours in the early hours of the morning. Bare in mind that while buses and trains ceased service, the trams carried on, and the stagecoach buses also were quick to resume a limited service.

Public and staff safety are in their best interests.

And before you ask, no, I don't work at supertram or stagecoach :P

Thank you for this. I never thought about the points, but it does make sense. Still not sure it's a drain on resources, as loads of people use those two stops and it does give people from Gleadless onwards a fighting chance of getting on a tram.

I'm just hoping that now it's looking like most of the snow is behind us (for a few days at least) they will re-open it, but it's not looking likely for today. Ironically our bus is running, but a hugely different route and the closest it comes to us is Gleadless townend!!

It's only every 30 minutes so hardly a huge drain on resources, plus loads of people use those 2 stops.

Its not that far of a walk from the first stop at herdings park to towned,

I walked 5 miles into work on wednesday and thursday.

and thats 5 miles there and 5 miles back, all up hill.

Edit.

didnt see the op was pregnant,

Edited by Tatman