Tram - Purple Route

Does anyone know why the purple route has been suspended for 2 days now, when the blue and yellow route have continued? I'm really relying on the purple route to get to work tomorrow so I don't end up using all my holidays for snow. Buses not running up here and Gleadless Townend is too far (particularly considering I may have a decent walk the other end).

Probably because they have limited staff and resources, and they can cover the entire network (bar 2 stops) on just 2 of the 3 lines.

It's only every 30 minutes so hardly a huge drain on resources, plus loads of people use those 2 stops.

The tram might not be able to get up the hill to herdings in snow & ice.

That tram is my usual option for getting to work on Blackstock Road when it's not possible for me to get the car out. I travel from Wharncliffe Side, so it's a bit of a trek. There is the possibility of the 20A from Hillsborough to Hemsworth, but I waited an hour for one this morning to get me to Wordsworth Avenue at Parson Cross.

It's only every 30 minutes so hardly a huge drain on resources, plus loads of people use those 2 stops.

So you work for Supertram and know how many resources they have?

How far would it be to walk from Herdings, to Gleadless Town End?

How far would it be to walk from Herdings, to Gleadless Town End?

About a mile from herdings park, it's just down the hill from leighton road. It's a 10 or 20 minute walk at most, even in the snow.

Edited by anywebsite

How do you know this?

Walk down the hill you lazy scrote!

We don't all necessarily live right on Herdings Park Tram stop - I'm already a 15 min walk from Herdings Park, it takes me at least 30 mins to walk to Gleadless Townend, longer in deep snow. Plus I'm 11 weeks pregnant, getting exhausted easily and scared to death of falling. In addition to the fact that I then have a train journey and potentially another long walk after getting off the train.

If it just went from Herdings to Cathedral and back it only takes 2 trams to maintain a 30 mins service. Plus it tops up the service between Gleadless and Town, when many people can't get on the blue tram because it fills up before it gets to Gleadless. It was still running on Tuesday and I wouldn't have got to or from work without it, because the buses had stopped up this way even then.

So you work for Supertram and know how many resources they have?

Just what are you on ??? Every time you reply to a post you're pulling people to peices ???? No wonder you've such a high post count! Get a life and grow up !!

How do you know this?

Walk down the hill you lazy scrote!

Thanks for calling me lazy without knowing my full situation. Considering it took me 2 hours each way to get to work and back on Tuesday I don't consider myself lazy. The tram not running makes my journey even longer and more exhausting. Plus it's in my interests to get to work - I'm not in the kind of job that just disappears because I'm not there - it just mounts up so that I'll end up working even longer hours than normal to make up for it - again, not exactly a sign of laziness.