Does anyone else feel this section is getting worse?

I love this forum although as a GL i have had to remove posts that i feel are not appropriate and not every one always agrees but then thats what people are humans.

Sorry to keep asking all the questions but do all groups have group leaders and where can we find a list of these leaders.

Yes they do, they are usually stickied at the top of the section Malky

I stoped posting on here as the way i see it somwe people are allowed to post a bad response an other arn't. I myself have been slated for my spelling and bad grammer where as others have been left. The rules are good if they are applied to all an not just too the few you judge as not worthey.

For all the bad points, look at all the good the group does, raises funds, rehomes pets that would otherwise have a terrible fate. It makes the bad feel less prevelant

well said Peaches, i agree if you step back from some of the comments made on any forum i think alot comes from how things are sometimes written & how they are read , i for one am not the best when it comes to putting things into words ,so therefore sum of my posts could be read with a differant meaning to what it was posted in (hope that makes sense lol) But if not for this forum i could have so easily given up doing what i do for animals & people,The support & help recieved from this group is sometimes is the only thing that gives you the inspuration to carry on, So I for one think that this group is simply THE BEST ,tHIS GROUP HAS HELPED SO MANY ANIMALS IM PROUD TO BELONG TO IT !!!. So lets get back to what we do best help animals & people, :love:

I stoped posting on here as the way i see it somwe people are allowed to post a bad response an other arn't. I myself have been slated for my spelling and bad grammer where as others have been left. The rules are good if they are applied to all an not just too the few you judge as not worthey.

someone slagged me off today saying i couldnt spell or write properly, i couldnt be bothered to say i had dyslexia.

i dont care how bad people spell if they have problems, as longs as it aint chav text talk

i think it has def got worse and less friendly on here. yes we all have bad days where we loose our temper and post something that doesnt show us in our best light, no ones perfect

but i hate it when someone posts asking a question and people just start commenting and judging them instead of answering their question or trying to be helpful and that happens all the time lately.

i read some posts and just know the OP will be torn to shreds as soon as people read it even if it is written in innocence. tis the way of the world i think v sad why i prefer animals to people

Could it also be that the Gl's didn't see what was said to you? did you report it? the threads are not actively monitored by the mod team and with the best will in the world we cannot read thoroughly through everything...we are not supposed to do that.

Personally I hate all of the nastiness about spelling and grammar and cannot see the problem if someone posts within the forum rules ie no text speak, swearing (which also apply within the groups) and that people can actually manage to read the content, of course it is good and helpful if people do the best that they can but how can you do better than that?

I have personally removed a whole lot of posts by people slagging off others for their spelling etc, that is not what the pet group is about at all is it!

I have personally removed a whole lot of posts by people slagging off others for their spelling etc, that is not what the pet group is about at all is it!

:hihi: It's a good job as I think my posts would be deleted ;)

As one of the Group Leaders I'm always happy to listen to suggestions :) I think things can always be worked on and improved to make it more welcoming to all members.

I've been doing GL for over a year now, I'm very easy going so it takes a lot to offend me so I do find it hard when to close/ delete posts, in the end all the GL's just have to do what they feel is right. The hardest thing for me is always trying to be impartial, there is loads of posts I don't agree with but they are peoples opinions and I have to respect it, sometimes I don't like it, sometimes it makes me think about things differently, sometimes it changes my opinion completely and I'm always thankful for learning new things :)

As a GL I generally scan through the pet forum threads looking for incorrect rehoming threads/ personal insults/ personal details being posted. I try to encourage new users to post though this is the first thing to stop when I am busy :( I think whatever is deleted or not deleted will always upset someone. I am a big believer that the people that make up a community get as much out of it as they put into it :)

I originally stuck with the pets forum as I had a nightmare dog that I wanted to sort out and other posters gave me so much support I felt it was important to support others too.

Err yes same here :hihi:

I agree with your post Litlemermaid, I would love for the group to be a LOT more welcoming and friendly, because the long and short of it is that we are all people who do have a passion for and love animals, if the group can help just one every now and then well that makes it all worth while doesn't it?

People were posting every second, I couldn't keep up :hihi:

I know i always seemt o have an excuse, but I've been stuck in Munich for three days longer then planned this week, hence I haven't been around a lot this week.

You know my circumstances and that I'm always busy, but I do try and get on here as often as possible. I love doing it, I really feel this group does a lot of good. I also agree totally with Peaches' observation that we can only be as friendly as the posters who participate. I do think that the majority of us are lovely though. It's brilliant to see how many animals have been helped, and how many charities have had their profiles raised. It sounds a bit naff but it makes me happy to help, even in an indirect way.

I'm a little bit surprised to read that some people don't know of the existance of GLs-we really should be their first port of call should any problem arise. This would also help the moderating team I should think. We are realtively self sufficient though, I don't think we area bad team, I know we have our own lives and personal things going on, but we are dedicated, and passionate about animals, and they are the two most important things.

Everybody is different and everybody has different opinions.

Somethings are more emotive to some than they are to others and it is an open forum, if some people cannot handle the fact that some other people may not like/agree what they are saying/doing then maybe they should refrain from posting or grow a thicker skin.

Personally i call a spade a spade, it may not be liked and recently there has been a difference of opinon between me and another member which has got quite heated (emotive subject). That has not stopped me from posting offering help help on different thread started by the same person.

Not everyone is going to agree on things and pets are our passion otherwise there would be no need for a pet section.

Right, so my OH has just read this as I said to him 'its turned into a mod/GL bashing thread' and hes said he thinks I didnt word my OP right. But just to let you all know... I wasnt bashing the team I was saying 'they do a good job' and that maybe the users could think in future.... does that make sense? Jeeez didnt think id get this reaction!