Walking in snow whilst pregnant??

i am 7 months pregnant, and live about a 20 minute walk away from tram stop should i walk to tram stop in the snow to get to work?? im worried about falling over and feel guilty if i dont turn up to work and also dont want my colleaugues and manager to think im being pathetic there is also another 15/20 minute walk when i get off the tram to get to work all my family are telling me to stay at home what shall i do???

Do you not know your own limits? How on earth can anyone on here tell you if it is safe for you to go to work?

If in doubt don't bother. If your employer is any good they will understand.

well im one of those who hate letting people down and i walked to work and back yesterday which was 3 miles there and 3 back took me over a hour and half each way

but im not pregnant and it was hard work personaly if i was in your shoes i wouldnt risk it in this weather its not worth it

Awww I really feel for you- you haven't just got to think of yourself but your baby and pregnancy can make you a bit wobbly at the best of times! I know it's not quite the same but you wouldn't take a newborn baby out in this weather would you?

Is there anyone to walk you to the tram- how far is it to walk at the otherside? xx

Do you not know your own limits? How on earth can anyone on here tell you if it is safe for you to go to work?

If in doubt don't bother. If your employer is any good they will understand.

well obviously if you live in sheffield you will be aware of the snow so its not about knowing your limits at all it was a simple question should pregnant women walk in the snow or not?

thanks everyone 4 your advice no lolav i will have to walk on my own and its about another 15/20minute walk when i get off the tram

i am 7 months pregnant, and live about a 20 minute walk away from tram stop should i walk to tram stop in the snow to get to work?? im worried about falling over and feel guilty if i dont turn up to work and also dont want my colleaugues and manager to think im being pathetic there is also another 15/20 minute walk when i get off the tram to get to work all my family are telling me to stay at home what shall i do???

What are the roads/pavements like on the way to the tram stop? If they're reasonably clear then fine but if they're sheet ice surely your health, and your baby's, is more important :)

im due on saturday and my partner has been forced to go to work so ive had to walk 2 young children to the shops to get something for them to eat my nearest shop is 5 miles away and i had to get up and down a very steep hill..........im very proud to say i didnt fall once :) dead happy about that i got back home and my god i had back ache and stomach ache but nothing a nice soak didnt get rid of.

i know how you feel i hate being away from work when they need me the most but only you know how much your body can take i take it slower set of in more time so that your not rushing anywhere take very confident steps and calmly i even walked in tracks made by other people. in my pregnancy i have pushed my self way over normal safe limits but i knew i could.

trust your instincts they wont think any less of you if you ring in any good emplayer will know you and baby come first good luckxxxxx

No I wouldn't go then hun- it's one thing having someone to walk with you and getting off a tram straight into work but having to walk on your own could be dangerous if you slip or fall and you don't know what conditions are like the other side.

Could you do some work from home or ask to make your hours up next week? x

Don't do it if you don't feel confident. I'm 11 weeks preggers and I'm really apprehensive about it as well. I could walk the 1.5 miles to tram stop, but I'm finding a lot of normal stuff exhausting at the moment, never mind walking in deep snow. Plus terrified of falling and losing baby. Had to walk part of my journey home on Tuesday, down a very steep, slippy hill in Chesterfield, with a narrow pavement and cars sliding all over the place within a foot or so - I'm not willing to do that again. I've told my boss that I've got more than my own safety to think about - she's been very understanding.

I don't think you should take any chances, you and baby are way more important. You too banesmabes, these early weeks are critical. Stay home where its safe. :)