Conditions between Lincoln and Worksop (2-12-2010 ~ 2pm) ?

I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what the road conditions are like between Lincoln and Worksop. Desperately trying to find a way to get my fiancée home from Lincoln. Been trying to find a number for B&Q or Wilkinson's distribution centres as if she could hitch a ride with a lorry from one of them I could maybe get her from there to here. I'm hesitant to try to drive to Lincoln without knowledge of the conditions on the route - it'll take me a few hours to dig the car out as it is.

Any info appreciated, I want her home safely!

No.. that's between Worksop and Sheffield - specifically at Anston. This is in the other direction from Worksop. A57 -> A1 -> A57 all the way.

The problem is, there IS no other route, not using major roads anyway.

Edited by alkatraz
typo

my mate works at wilkinsons distribution centre and another one works a bit further up at the greencore sandwich factory. Neither have gone in and I know the buses etc are off at worksop due to how bad it is. I know wilko, b&q and greencore weren't fully operating yesterday so make of it what you will.

B&Q don't run much to Lincoln.

Wilkinson's are running to and from Lincoln, but "Sorry we're not insured for passengers, we're not giving her a lift. Bye"

Just been on the phone to both of them.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has. Can't think of anyone who can help. Taxi firms don't exactly do 4x4 taxis and it'd cost hundreds if they did.

I live near Sleaford and work in Sheffield. I've been staying at my Aunties since Monday.

The best route would be M1(S) -> M18 -> A1(S) -> A57.

Just check the latest RAC/AA/BBC websites. Things are changing hour to hour.

Or what about trains from Lincoln?

The 1627, 1722 & 1824 from Lincoln to Sheffield are still running.

1527 & 1829 both cancelled.

I live near Sleaford and work in Sheffield. I've been staying at my Aunties since Monday.

The best route would be M1(S) -> M18 -> A1(S) -> A57.

A57 to the M1 is closed. In any case it's much closer to just take the A57 in the other direction straight to the A1.

Just check the latest RAC/AA/BBC websites. Things are changing hour to hour.

The information is not specific enough to make a decision on a journey.

Or what about trains from Lincoln?

The 1627, 1722 & 1824 from Lincoln to Sheffield are still running.

1527 & 1829 both cancelled.

The information is not correct on the websites. ALL services on the Sheffield/Lincoln line are cancelled indefinitely. Not a single train is running.

I live at Todwick jnc 31 and the A57 is CLOSED BETWEEN JNC 31 AND WORKSOP police turned us away at the red lion because of the abandonded lorries.

FACT

Are the trains still running between Lincoln and Leicester? Your hubby could catch a train to Newark Castle and walk across to Newark North Gate and go up to Doncaster, then Sheffield.

Or, he stays on that train until Nottingham and comes home from there.

I would go Lincoln -> A46 Newark -> A1 to the junction immediately north of what used to be the 5-lane junction @ the 614, drop down and into the back of worksop that way.

The a57 from Lincoln has too many slopes - markham moor being the main one. The A46/A1 route is longer in distance but far safer and likely to be quicker as a result.

Think she will be safer where she is, rather than trying to travel. I live in Anston, and the A57 is so bad we even made it on the news.