Sheffield Thyroid Group

Hi

Yes, please count me in. I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

Hope to hear soon

x

Hi

Just found this thread, i have been diagnosed with underactive thyroid a year ago but so far the Doctor has refused to give me any meds saying she would rather not while it is still working be it not very well! I have a blood test every three months to check its still going,

I am now finding my life almost intolerable as I am so tired every day can hardly motivate myself to do anything, I also have constant pain the only way I can describe this is its like when you have flu and you ache everywhere so its depressing me.

Is this aching normal as I have not seen these symptoms described anywhere else so I am worried I have something else wrong with me, can anyone help?

Hi

Just found this thread, i have been diagnosed with underactive thyroid a year ago but so far the Doctor has refused to give me any meds saying she would rather not while it is still working be it not very well! I have a blood test every three months to check its still going,

I am now finding my life almost intolerable as I am so tired every day can hardly motivate myself to do anything, I also have constant pain the only way I can describe this is its like when you have flu and you ache everywhere so its depressing me.

Is this aching normal as I have not seen these symptoms described anywhere else so I am worried I have something else wrong with me, can anyone help?

I really feel for you, before I got put on thyroxine my life was like a living hell. I had very bad pains like you describe (for me it was rather like pulled-muscle pain, in all my large muscles mainly so thighs, bum etc!!) mood swings to the point of contemplating topping myself and felt cold in a way that hurt at night.

When the consultant finally (the delay was only due to the hospital messing up my appointments!!!) told me he was putting me on thyroxine I literally cried with relief and started to feel better after a couple of weeks.

If I was you I would be seeking a second opinion with a different doctor, the symptoms you describe ARE those of underactive thyroid, good luck!!

I really feel for you, before I got put on thyroxine my life was like a living hell. I had very bad pains like you describe (for me it was rather like pulled-muscle pain, in all my large muscles mainly so thighs, bum etc!!) mood swings to the point of contemplating topping myself and felt cold in a way that hurt at night.

When the consultant finally (the delay was only due to the hospital messing up my appointments!!!) told me he was putting me on thyroxine I literally cried with relief and started to feel better after a couple of weeks.

If I was you I would be seeking a second opinion with a different doctor, the symptoms you describe ARE those of underactive thyroid, good luck!!

Thanks for your quick response on this, you have put my mind at rest a bit now I know the aching is a symptom. I am going to go back to the doctor and try to get some sort of action as I feel I can not go on like this much longer.

Good luck I hope you get somewhere, it's an awful condition to live with :( Let us know how you get on!

Hi

Am also a under active sufferer. have been on meds for 22 years. I have yet to go a year on the same amount. found out when I was pregnant with my second child, while waiting to go to theatre to have him. various blood test came back to say my blood wasn't clotting correctly.(that's why i was the size of a whale lol) I always no when my thyroxine is not working as my hair goes really dry. headaches, very dry skin, tired. weight gain the list is endless.

my doctors are brilliant, I can just ring for a blood test if I think my meds aren't working, as my doctors says I no myself better than anyone, the only downside to it is the weight issue, and not been able to donate blood, I have a rare blood group but because I cant get the meds under control for at least a year am not allowed to donate. would be good to chat with other suffers.

hi im hypothyroid and been taking thyroxin for about 4 yrs....im not happy with my doctors seemingly uninterested advice so im wanting to know has anyone in the same boat as me got intouch with a thyroid proffesiona whos actually helped?....like many hypo sufferers ive got a very low appitite yet gained penty of weight that stays put no matter what i do...oh and only hypo sufferers will believe me on that also.....lol....i dont want to just accept that im stuck with this weight which basically is what my doctors say....i need to get this sorted.....any advice appreciated:)

Finally managed to get the Doctor to put me on thyroxin after 18 months of hell. Just want to know now how long it takes to feel better been on it 6 days now but if anything have felt worse since!

Should I be feeling better by now? Just a bit concerned that they dont suit me (which would be typical for me).

Hi powerage, I have an under active thyroid and I still suffer but my sister was put on thyroxine 3 months ago and she felt worse for the first month or so but is now on the up so hopefully u will feel better soonish x

Hi powerage, I have an under active thyroid and I still suffer but my sister was put on thyroxine 3 months ago and she felt worse for the first month or so but is now on the up so hopefully u will feel better soonish x

Thanks dont feel as bad this week so hopefully it will get better for me

As a friend of someone who most of her family have either hyper or hypo thyroidism, do any of you with hypothyroidism (under active) suffer anxiety or any other mental health issue?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android