Sign in to follow this  

Night out at Hed Kandi

Can ne1 pls tell me the dress code 4 Hed Kandi n is it worth goin? thnx

smart club wear, no sportswear. jeans and trainers OK as long as relatively smart.

Guest lou27

hed kandi is an ok night out if you want to pay 12 quid to hear songs they play on the radio, they dont even play re-mixes of them!:rolleyes:

Word is that Mark Doyle, Eric Kupper et al have left Hed Kandi on the basis that they apparently think it's become too big and too cheesey. It's not what they set out to do & they fear it's going the way Cream/Ministry/Gatecrasher did - just a huge marketing brand with no credibility anymore. Fair play to 'em I say, coz the CD's they put out now are like buying some horrible 'Now That's What I Call Best of Club Hits vol 89' rubbish. :gag:

Where can you get tickets from on the night rather than risk paying on the door? And are they still 15 quid?

Originally posted by BRINGITON

Word is that Mark Doyle, Eric Kupper et al have left Hed Kandi on the basis that they apparently think it's become too big and too cheesey. It's not what they set out to do & they fear it's going the way Cream/Ministry/Gatecrasher did - just a huge marketing brand with no credibility anymore. Fair play to 'em I say, coz the CD's they put out now are like buying some horrible 'Now That's What I Call Best of Club Hits vol 89' rubbish. :gag:

Mark Doyle left a few months ago now, there's a press release around somewhere explaining it all. Says he's going to start another label/club night along the same idea that he set Hed Kandi up in. I used to go regular but not been bothered lately.

Which room do you go in then if they play the stuff you hear in the charts? I dont hear much twisted disco on the radio ... hmmm

Tickets are available from Coolwax, Reflex, brother to Brother, Sakis, Vodka Revolution, Cavendish, Forever Changes, Ruby Lounge and Bia Hoi

Originally posted by NicoleM

Which room do you go in then if they play the stuff you hear in the charts? I dont hear much twisted disco on the radio ... hmmm

Much of it is indeed on the radio now to be honest including stuff from Hed Kandi's Twisted Disco cd's

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Mark Doyle left a few months ago now, there's a press release around somewhere explaining it all. Says he's going to start another label/club night along the same idea that he set Hed Kandi up in. I used to go regular but not been bothered lately.

Yeah- basically 70% of the staff of HK left and have set up a new project called the tokyo project to go back to there roots basically.

Supposedly Tokyo Project will be making regular appearances in Sheffield - anyone know where?

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Supposedly Tokyo Project will be making regular appearances in Sheffield - anyone know where?

Haha, i hope not! You seen the CD they have out? supposed to be more underground house as well! haha! Rubbish!