Roads and Public Transport - Thurs 2nd Dec

I have to say this site is better than any transport/news site for finding things out!

sooz22 120 & 40 was running earlier at 8:30 but my son has just tried to get one from West Street and it was announced on another bus that they had been terminated.

Many thanks :D

does anyone know about stagecoach? their sites and travel south yorkshire are rubbish at updating

does anyone know about stagecoach? their sites and travel south yorkshire are rubbish at updating

I'm getting a runtime error on stagecoach at the moment.

I know it's been said so just to verify here's a copy/paste from the First web site:

Sheffield -

Due to further snowfall, road conditions are becoming more difficult and with effect from 1000 hours, services in the Sheffield area are suspended.

First apologises for any inconvenience caused, but the safety of our staff and customers is paramount and it is not considered safe to operate further at this time.

We will continue to work closely with local authorities to ensure that gritters are guided across our operating areas where possible, and that abandoned vehicles are removed to allow more services to be provided later in the day.

For more information, please contact First Customer Services on 01709 566000 (0900 - 1700) or Traveline on 01709 515151(0700 - 2200).

trams are stuck at birley moor road due to a lorry blocking the tracks

It would appear the 83 stagecoach has been terminated. Not sure about the rest of them, they're hopeless at keeping customers informed.

I got from Eccy road to town on bus and seemed like a good service. Just luck I guess

I'm getting a runtime error on stagecoach at the moment.

I can't believe they haven't got a static page for each region on their website. It's stupid you seem to have to go in and select your area every time. This makes it much more likely to crash.

Stagecoach:

Posted : 2 December 2010 9:6

Services affected by snowfall - Thursday 2nd December 2010

Seasonal service information

The following Stagecoach Sheffield services are operating:

SL1: Middlewood - Stocksbridge, using Manchetser Road only in Deepcar and Stocksbridge (not estates)

SL2: SUSPENDED

35a: Full service

78: Chapeltown - City, staying on Burncross Road and Halifax Road (not Bevan Way or Fox Hill)

79: Ecclesfield - City only, via Wordsworth Avenue not Yew Lane

83: Full route, using Shirecliffe Road and Minna Road (not Firshill Crescent) - 20 minute frequecy

87: Chapeltown - Abbeydale Road Tesco only, using Barnsley Road and Burngreave Road (not Longley or Pitsmoor estates) - 20 minute frequency

88: Ecclesfield - Bents Green, using Barnsley Road (not Shiregreen or Firth Park) - 20 minute frequency

Services 52 and 120 currently being route tested

Please note that all of the services operating are subject to delays.

All other Sheffield services are currently suspended.

Stagecoach in Sheffield will update this information regularly. For further information please call 01226 202 555 or Traveline on 01709 515151

I have to say this site is better than any transport/news site for finding things out!

you're right there :hihi::hihi:- Morrisons at Ecclesfield have bread and milk

Thanks HeadingNorth. I'm a Sheffield lad coming home, and my partner's from Buxton. Think I'll book us another night here.

The view is spectacular from the 6th floor of the Ibis, and I can see that the trams are running!

Hi,

Welcome back to Sheffield. I live a bit further up the hill from Dobbin Hill and we have more than a foot of snow on the side roads.