Roads and Public Transport - Thurs 2nd Dec

I have a trip planned that involves going to Newcastle from Sheffield tomorrow (Friday) at some point - I'm not the driver and don't really know anything about the motorwars/roads involved, but from looking at motorway cameras things look fine? My parents are basically harassing me for going, saying it's a death trap to traverse any roads at the moment and it's really getting me down. :( I don't mean friendly advice, I mean they're literally shouting and insulting me over this. The trip has been booked since August.

Any advice on the roads/motorways at any point between here or there that can combat their "advice"? :/ Thank you.

The 97/98s are only running to abbey lane at beauchief and arent going down as far as totley - although dunno why cos i caught one from totley this morning, so it was obviously do-able. Maybe to keep them running to time.

Wonder if this is because there is nowhere for the bus to turn as they have go up towards Owler Bar?

I have a trip planned that involves going to Newcastle from Sheffield tomorrow (Friday) at some point - I'm not the driver and don't really know anything about the motorwars/roads involved, but from looking at motorway cameras things look fine? My parents are basically harassing me for going, saying it's a death trap to traverse any roads at the moment and it's really getting me down. :( I don't mean friendly advice, I mean they're literally shouting and insulting me over this. The trip has been booked since August.

Any advice on the roads/motorways at any point between here or there that can combat their "advice"? :/ Thank you.

Go by train or if you must go by road then watch the BBC teletex weather service for that region. I think it will say something like Ice, snow, more ice and more snow. I'm with your parents on this one. Places like Lincoln have had their famous Christmas Market cancelled for the first time ever with special trains from London and Newcastle along with numerous coach trips, so your "Booked since August" is a bit feeble I'm afraid.

My mum called the AA out as she was stuck in the snow and they were really helpful. And she said the roads leading out of Sheff were fine, a bit slow, but alot better than yest.

Think its going to be a working from home day for me tomorrow.

Go by train or if you must go by road then watch the BBC teletex weather service for that region. I think it will say something like Ice, snow, more ice and more snow. I'm with your parents on this one. Places like Lincoln have had their famous Christmas Market cancelled for the first time ever with special trains from London and Newcastle along with numerous coach trips, so your "Booked since August" is a bit feeble I'm afraid.

I see, thank you for your thoughts on the matter. The person driving us has already come up from the South to stay overnight and as far as I know, she'll be taking the A1(M). A quick look at the highways agency website provided in the OP shows that the only problems with that motorway are roadworks and a cleared jack knifed lorry. I don't know if this helps and of course, I'll be looking at the weather/traffic reports closer to leaving time.

Thanks again. :)

PS: I must also add that my dad believes that going to South Wales or Glasgow will get you stabbed and my mom won't sail, fly, travel by train or in green cars because she worries that they'll crash, regardless of the circumstances. What I'm trying to say is their advice is usually to be taken with a bit of salt. :P