Roads and Public Transport - Thurs 2nd Dec

Have I just heard right on Radio Sheffield that there has been a tram crash involving a lorry at Birley Moor Road and the trams can't move.

Knowing Radio Sheffield, this could quite easily be mis information

Have I just heard right on Radio Sheffield that there has been a tram crash involving a lorry at Birley Moor Road and the trams can't move.

its not a tram crash, its just a lorry getting stuck & blocking the tracks

its not a tram crash, its just a lorry getting stuck & blocking the tracks

Thats a relief!!!

The star has reported that Bocking Lane is blocked - has anyone been out that way and is it the case? My husband is going to try and get into work this afternoon and has to go down Bocking. Thanks!

I live on Park Grange Road and haven't seen a tram come down the hill for over an hour. I stood for an hour on the tram stop this morning, but all were full.

Someone said above that a lorry is across the tracks at Birley Moor Road and therefore trams are stuck.

I live on Park Grange Road and haven't seen a tram come down the hill for over an hour. I stood for an hour on the tram stop this morning, but all were full.
thats because a lorry has got stuck blocking the tracks at birley moor road

thats because a lorry has got stuck blocking the tracks at birley moor road

Yes, I read that. I was just letting people know that nothings moving further down the line either. We've only seen a couple go up the hill too, so town must also be busy. Basically, good luck if anyone's trying to get anywhere on the blue line.

Are trams running through gleadless on White lane into sheff I am trying to get to Rotherham

Been stood on Dronfield bottom for almost 2 hours with out seeing a Bus apart from one which was heading to Holmesfield, no chance. The road is looking quite tricky again.

Yes, I read that. I was just letting people know that nothings moving further down the line either. We've only seen a couple go up the hill too, so town must also be busy. Basically, good luck if anyone's trying to get anywhere on the blue line.

nah, there isn't a queue of trams, theyre just turning around and the furthest possible stop.

My husband has just driven from Grenoside to Tankersley and back on A61 and says it's awful. There is some traffic but it's still really slippy and there are a number of abandoned cars. I know it's stating the obvious but anyone using the A61 please be aware it's slippier than it looks