Roads and Public Transport - Thurs 2nd Dec

things are not good in Ecclesfield, set off for work at 0530- had to come home but believe some buses are running, mainly stagecoach but only on main roads ie 87 going straight down Barnsley Road instead of detouring round longley/herries

Not neccessarily....I live just off South Road which is surely a "main" road and there are no buses getting up here. The 52 is not running beyond Brookhill even though the road up by the Children's Hospital is definitely a "main" road.

I think it's ok until they come to a hill or anywhere that there are abandoned vehicles.

first buses boss brandon jones has been on radio sheffield & said any main road which is passable will have buses running on them, if the road looks icy or still got snow on then i doubt they'll attempt to use it so make your way to the nearest main road which has been treated & is passable

I know where to catch a bus from. What the website should tell me is where the bus will go
what number bus do you want & where to?

I know where to catch a bus from. What the website should tell me is where the bus will go

It wouldn't be possible to keep it up to date. Buses will run along any roads they can, and as more roads are cleared through the day, and other roads perhaps become blocked due to accidents,that sphere will keep changing.

Failed to get car out and so thinking I can get to work in Ashfield hopital by getting train to Worksop (northern rail) and then getting a connection to sutton Parkway.

The train links for live info at the top of this sticky aren't working. I think I just heard Toby Foster say something about trains to lincoln being suspended which would scupper this plan but I can't confirm it. Anyone have a working link for the live updates?

Re Tram from Crystal Peaks

Hubby just come back from Crystal Peaks where he tried to get on 3 trams into town. Absolutely chokker block full even going towards Halfway. People obviously getting on furthur up the line to get a seat to come back into town and staying on from the terminus. Tram stops crowded with people waiting. Service already reduced by half. i.e. every 20 minutes which makes things worse. Good luck everyone out there.

is the no 40 running up to fulwood please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failed to get car out and so thinking I can get to work in Ashfield hopital by getting train to Worksop (northern rail) and then getting a connection to sutton Parkway.

The train links for live info at the top of this sticky aren't working. I think I just heard Toby Foster say something about trains to lincoln being suspended which would scupper this plan but I can't confirm it. Anyone have a working link for the live updates?

all trains from sheffield to lincoln are suspended until further notice

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/sa6405f3a9354c8c95009a2e15dcb8e5/details.html

There are no trains on the Sheffield to Lincoln line, nor any replacement buses. That rules out your plan, I'm afraid.

bush16.. it says on the first website that number 40 buses are suspended!

all trains from sheffield to lincoln are suspended until further notice

thanks mh01 for that. Can you tell me where that info came from because on the national rail live feed it says they are running on time?!

thanks mh01 for that. Can you tell me where that info came from because on the national rail live feed it says they are running on time?!
radio sheffield