Sheffield Hallam & Uni thread

I dont know Alex Sutch, so im going to go in anyway - I got stuck in town last night so im only a few minutes walk away from the hubs...

Alex Sutch is someone they are replying to... if you scroll down they make an announcement. It's their official Twitter.

I set off on my bike about ten past eight but the snow was too soft and there was no traction, so I went back home. I was going to walk in and be an hour or two late but as I got ready, I got the text to say the uni was shut.

I think it'll be shut tomorrow too and wouldn't be surprised if it's shut on Friday as well.

Me and Mrs Sothoth went to the allotment instead, to feed Barry.

Anything regarding the two unis and if they're gonna be open tomorrow or not please post in this thread.

University of Sheffield...

http://www.shef.ac.uk/snow

A decision will be taken tonight regarding teaching on the morning of Thursday 2 December and communicated on this website at 1900.

Information about teaching in the afternoon of Thursday 2 December will be posted on this website from 0700 Thursday 2 December and will be kept updated throughout the morning.

There will be an update at 7 tonight about lectures tomorrow morning.

well the Dean of my Faculty has emailed staff to say that unless you can easily walk into work, and public transport is running as normal, then not to go in, which is good, means im not wondering what to do in the morning!

Sheffield Hallam University will be open tomorrow, Thursday 2 December. We are aiming to offer as normal a service as possible depending on staff availability. The learning centres and student support services will be providing services from 10am – 4pm.

Members of staff are asked to come to work if they can do so safely, for example by using any available public transport or if they can get to work easily and safely on foot. The advice from the police is that motorists should not make journeys unless it is absolutely necessary. If staff are unable to get to work, they should contact their line manager as early as possible.

Students are advised to look on shuspace for general updates about teaching and assessment arrangements. Please check regularly online and for messages by text and email about whether specific lectures are going ahead.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by having to offer limited services due to the impact of the current severe weather conditions. We will be reviewing the position continually and we will publish regular updates via email, shuspace and the staff intranet. The next update will be at 7am tomorrow.

well the Dean of my Faculty has emailed staff to say that unless you can easily walk into work, and public transport is running as normal, then not to go in, which is good, means im not wondering what to do in the morning!

Deans run Schools, Pro Vice Chancellors run Faculties.

my apologies mogwai, school not faculty.......

anyway, for an actual useful addition to this thread:

sheffield uni

Adverse weather conditions

1900 update, Wednesday 1 December 2010

In the light of the forecast weather conditions overnight and tomorrow morning, the situation has been reviewed, and it has been agreed that teaching tomorrow morning (2 December 0900 until 1300) will not take place.

A further assessment will be carried out in the morning regarding tomorrow afternoon's scheduled teaching, and information will be available on this page from 0700.

Most University buildings will be open for access from 0800 as usual. The advice remains however that staff should only travel to work if they can do so feasibly and safely on foot (or via public transport if it is available). It is the intention that facilities such as the Information Commons and the Students' Union and University House will remain open for students and staff but some services may be affected.

The University remains grateful to staff and students for their patience in these difficult circumstances. Staff are requested to keep their line managers up to date regarding their ability to get to work and to monitor this website at regular intervals for further updates.

Any idea if the uni will be open tomorrow?