Sheffield Hallam & Uni thread

Due to today's adverse weather, and the impact that this has had on travel conditions, we are advising staff to not travel into work today unless they are confident of getting in easily and safely on foot.

We will be sending a separate communication out to students advising them that teaching activity is cancelled today.

A further email will be circulated later with an update.

Dr P Harvey

Registrar and Secretary

i work at the edge and got yesterday buts a no no today its like lapland where i live at lowedges

I'm meant to be at Collegiate today...Live at waterthorpe so 2 buses usually. Help? lol

Hallam is closed!!!!!!!!!: :-D

nice of them to tell us students lol, I've heard nowt from them. Not that I'd be able to get in anyway...

Due to today's adverse weather, and the impact that this has had on travel conditions, we are advising staff to not travel into work today unless they are confident of getting in easily and safely on foot.

We will be sending a separate communication out to students advising them that teaching activity is cancelled today.

A further email will be circulated later with an update.

Dr P Harvey

Registrar and Secretary

Wish I'd got that message before I got to work!

Oh well, never mind. Guess I'll do what I need to do and then go home...

My dad works at Hallam Uni and says it is 'officially closed' !!!

Wonder if that means they will let us off with placement hours since it's near impossible to get to work.. probably not.

Thanks all, hubby not been told but can't get there anyway

yay thanks for that, hadnt checked my work emails, and cant get hold of anyone so guessing no one in my team made it in either!

thanks for the update :)

well, i've got here, and am in my office. managed to walk with very little difficulty from leppings lane.

there are a lot of lazy able bodied people out there. a appreciate that a percentage of people have long distances, some have kids who are off school, some aren't physically able to walk in, but there are a lot of people who just can't be @rsed.

bumbum!

Just received that email (hurray!!!)...checked it on my fone so will now stop trying to be stupid and slide down lapland and head back home instead!!! At least I know I tried...which is what I will have to tell my managers

well, i've got here, and am in my office. managed to walk with very little difficulty from leppings lane.

there are a lot of lazy able bodied people out there. a appreciate that a percentage of people have long distances, some have kids who are off school, some aren't physically able to walk in, but there are a lot of people who just can't be @rsed.

bumbum!

What, read the thread, its 'officially closed', I dont think I'd be arsed to walk in if its closed!