Idiots on 2 quads racing up and down S5

Your more likely to get hit by a car that's driving about and not equipped for this sort of weather than a quad. I went out on Saturday and found driving a bit scary, especially going down hills. I have seen no end of cars round here that have had a bump because they thought they could make the journey but guess what, these quads can actually do it so either your just jealous that someone is getting about and isn't stuck in the house or your just a general moaner anyway in which case it does not matter what they were doing because you wouldn't like it.

But it wasn't cars was it? If cars were doing it they'd have plenty moaning. As for being jealous that couldn't be far from the truth. I want to make sure my kids are safe when out and also that they can sleep in peace!!

Yes I understand what legal is, do you understand that maybe it's not legal to be driving as these people were?

And I think snow falling on me is hardly the same as being run over with a huge quad. Silly comparison :loopy:

jealousy is an evil thing!!!

I'm sorry but if being concerned after witnessing some kids almost getting run over while on a pavement then I must be really sad. I didn't say anything about them not coming out, i'm saying go somewhere where there isn't chance of there being an accident. If you see something wrong with my concerns then I think you are the sad one.

You can't be that concerned if your first thought was to post it on a forum. What did you think posting it on here would achieve? They obviously aren't going to read this since they are flying about in the snow.

You can't be that concerned if your first thought was to post it on a forum. What did you think posting it on here would achieve? They obviously aren't going to read this since they are flying about in the snow.

flying about in the snow having fun might i add

These so called "kind men" were riding up and down the road speeding and skidding, not calling to the shops for some old dear. I saw them turning or skidding round and going back so I know for a fact they had no intention of helping anyone. They were causing a noise nuisance all afternoon, evening and late at night. I'm sure anyone with kids would understand my cause to moan, plus poorly kids at that.

here you say anyone with kids would understand and you dont mention anyting about running kids over here just that quads r noise nuisances

I'm sorry but if being concerned after witnessing some kids almost getting run over while on a pavement then I must be really sad. I didn't say anything about them not coming out, i'm saying go somewhere where there isn't chance of there being an accident. If you see something wrong with my concerns then I think you are the sad one.
You mean some deaf kids that could not hear a quad 3 streets away and get out of the middle of the road where they should possibly not have been ?

Those kids ?

you only mentioned pavement after the poster above said it, what do you take us for ?

Lying to make a point, tut tut.

The roads are for licensed motor vehicles, if an irresponsible parent allows young children to play on the road then they take responsibility for what happens to them

A good parent will take their children to the park, irresponsible parents push their kids out on to the street unsupervised then whine when they are killed by a passing motorist who has every right to be there.

If the kids remain on the pavement there is no problem but young children don't do that. They rush out into the road and then the negligent parent seeks to blame the innocent motorist.

I totally agree with this post. And if the kids are sledging next to a road surely its just as easy for them to slide into the path of a car as it is for a car to slide into their path on the pavement.

STOP BEING SO LAZY AND TAKE THE KIDDIES TO THE PARK !!!:rant:

you have kids take responsability for them.

I totally agree with this post. And if the kids are sledging next to a road surely its just as easy for them to slide into the path of a car as it is for a car to slide into their path on the pavement.

STOP BEING SO LAZY AND TAKE THE KIDDIES TO THE PARK !!!:rant:

you have kids take responsability for them.

here here!!:hihi:

here you say anyone with kids would understand and you dont mention anyting about running kids over here just that quads r noise nuisances

I posted previously that they were very close to the kids and almost caused an accident. Yes I said it was a noise nuisance last night when they still at it

Edited by Slippy

Yes I understand what legal is, do you understand that maybe it's not legal to be driving as these people were?

And I think snow falling on me is hardly the same as being run over with a huge quad. Silly comparison :loopy:

Maybe you could go out with your speed gun and find out how fast they were going because I suspect with the noise of the engine has led you into a false sense of how fast they were actually going.

And the comparison was about you notion that they were 'possibly' doing something wrong, when possibly anything at any time can 'possibly' happen, including the snow off your roof hit you.

You mean some deaf kids that could not hear a quad 3 streets away and get out of the middle of the road where they should possibly not have been ?

Those kids ?

you only mentioned pavement after the poster above said it, what do you take us for ?

Lying to make a point, tut tut.

The kids that were out aren't my kids thank you very much, and I mentioned the pavement driving in agreement to the poster not as i'd seen them on the pavement so no, I didn't lie at all. Get your facts right

The kids that were out aren't my kids thank you very much, and I mentioned the pavement driving in agreement to the poster not as i'd seen them on the pavement so no, I didn't lie at all. Get your facts right

so your complaining about somebody driving a road legal vehicle on the road? :hihi:

the kids were in the road [where they shouldnt have been]

do you also complain about cars with loud exhausts?