Idiots on 2 quads racing up and down S5

Yes and possibly causing an accident involving innocent people. I think you need to grow up a bit. There is a time and place to be driving like a lunatic and it's definately not in residential areas :loopy:

why would i be causing an accident? so what your saying is dont use road legal vehicles in residential areas? :hihi:

that makes sense:loopy:

just done some research and this is what i came up with

WEARING OF PROTECTIVE MOTOR CYCLE HEADGEAR - RTA 1988

Section 16 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 allows the Secretary of State for Transport to make regulations requiring persons driving or riding (otherwise than in sidecars) on motor cycles to wear protective headgear. Currently, the regulations are the Motor Cycle (Protective Helmets) Regulations 1998, which state:

Every person driving or riding on a motor bicycle (other than in a sidecar) on a road-

(a) must wear protective headgear, which

(b) must be securely fastened to the head of the wearer by means of straps or other fastening provided for that purpose (if it has a chin cup it must have an additional strap to go under the jaw), and

© must bear a mark indication in compliance with the British Standard/equivalent EU standard, or

(d) be of a type which, by virtue of its shape, material and construction could reasonably be expected to afford protection similar to, or greater than a helmet which conforms to the latest British Standard 6658:1985 (or equivalent EU standard).

Notes

In © above, the British standards Kitemarks which are acceptable are B.S.2001 :1956; or 1869:1960; or 2495:1960; or 2001:1972; or 5361:1976; or 2495:1977 or 6658:1985 (per Schedule 2 of the Regulations). Any of these will do, it does not have to be the latest Standard. The Standards are amended over the years (the 1960 Standard has had 8 amendments, the latest in 1975), the helmet does not have to have the latest amendment.

A driver who is propelling the vehicle by foot is exempt from wearing a helmet. However, if it is being propelled "scooter" style, then the rider should wear a helmet.

Although riders of motor cycles need to wear protective helmets, surprisingly passengers in sidecars do not, even though they are often at a lower level than the cycle and therefore at greater risk from objects thrown up by other traffic such as stones.

"Motor bicycle"

Means a two-wheeled motor cycle with or without a sidecar attached thereto or not. If the distance between the wheels is less than 460mm, then they shall be counted as one wheel. The BMW - C1 (a recent innovation) which is a motor bicycle where the windscreen extends into a roof which continues behind the rider to form a kind of open sided enclosure of the rider is still a motor bicycle and the Ministry of Transport maintain that there is still a requirement to wear a protective helmet when riding these machines. This view has been confirmed by the High Court on an appeal by the Director of Public Prosecutions in the case of Parker on 7th May 2004 ie there IS a requirement to where a protective helmet when riding a BMW - C1.

OFFENCE

It is an offence for a person to drive or ride a motor cycle on a road when not wearing protective headgear.

EXEMPTIONS

(a) motor mowers, which could come within the definition of a motor cycle;

(b) followers of the Sikh religion who are allowed to wear turbans whilst driving or riding motor bicycles having regard to the impracticality of Sikhs conforming with their religion and wearing protective helmets at the same time.

It will be for the prosecution to prove that the driver or rider of a motor cycle on a road was not wearing protective headgear of the appropriate type for a prosecution to be brought.

Quad Bikes and trikes aren't classed as motorcycles.

So i stand corrected the law states they are free not to ware helmets but if thease riders are reading i know its a pain to ware the helmet and you may/may not be exsperance riders it is a good idea to ware a helmet as this will save you life from head trama and most likly stop you from having major spinal injury even tho you may get some injury but a hellmet will help save you life as a back protection you can get spinal boards to ride with same as the motorcross a piin in the rear end but saves your like and saves you being in a wear chair...

safe driving and if thease are the same lads or different lads to them lads on the qods that help the man out well done for being human and helping them out in need of help!!

You have been arguing with yourself, we knew quads were exempt, thats why we said so. :huh:

As for 'if they have mot or insurance who is to know' well you didn't even know about helmets so I should not speculate further if I was you. All I can say is leaving a reg on if you were not legal would be rather dumb as that number is all thats needed by the police to check everything and give the owner a knock. Given that no one would catch them if they were not legal it would make far more sense to remove the reg plate would it not ?

why would i be causing an accident? so what your saying is dont use road legal vehicles in residential areas? :hihi:

that makes sense:loopy:

Not when they're driving them like mad men, speeding skidding close to kids, wheel spinning etc. I wouldn't call that safe would you? It makes perfect sense if you're not a moron :loopy:

Not when they're driving them like mad men, speeding skidding close to kids, wheel spinning etc. I wouldn't call that safe would you? It makes perfect sense if you're not a moron :loopy:

perhaps they were trying to clear the roads of snow?

perhaps they were trying to clear the roads of snow?

Are you for real? Like a poster has just said they were driving on the pavements last night, are they doing us a favour there too?

gosh some people live sad existences !! what is the point in having a road legaL quad if you cant drive it on road just because there a few idiot quad drivers out there doesnt mean there all idiots you lot complaining want to grow up its a few times a year quads come out and have proper fun thats when it snows as for the comment about kids i have a daughter and i dont mind quads because as i said it a couple of times a year there out and the gun comment how can you complain about a quad when you use the idea of shooting some one as a joke or even worse if you would actually do it...grow up you bunch of mardy people

Yes and possibly causing an accident involving innocent people. I think you need to grow up a bit. There is a time and place to be driving like a lunatic and it's definately not in residential areas :loopy:
You understand what legal is don't you ?

It means they have a right to. If they are annoying you then ask them to move on ? There's plenty more snow about for them to have fun on.

You could possibly have no end of bad things happen, maybe slamming your door too hard could possibly drop all the snow off the roof onto your head ?

gosh some people live sad existences !! what is the point in having a road legaL quad if you cant drive it on road just because there a few idiot quad drivers out there doesnt mean there all idiots you lot complaining want to grow up its a few times a year quads come out and have proper fun thats when it snows as for the comment about kids i have a daughter and i dont mind quads because as i said it a couple of times a year there out and the gun comment how can you complain about a quad when you use the idea of shooting some one as a joke or even worse if you would actually do it...grow up you bunch of mardy people

I'm sorry but if being concerned after witnessing some kids almost getting run over while on a pavement then I must be really sad. I didn't say anything about them not coming out, i'm saying go somewhere where there isn't chance of there being an accident. If you see something wrong with my concerns then I think you are the sad one.

Your more likely to get hit by a car that's driving about and not equipped for this sort of weather than a quad. I went out on Saturday and found driving a bit scary, especially going down hills. I have seen no end of cars round here that have had a bump because they thought they could make the journey but guess what, these quads can actually do it so either your just jealous that someone is getting about and isn't stuck in the house or your just a general moaner anyway in which case it does not matter what they were doing because you wouldn't like it.

You understand what legal is don't you ?

It means they have a right to. If they are annoying you then ask them to move on ? There's plenty more snow about for them to have fun on.

You could possibly have no end of bad things happen, maybe slamming your door too hard could possibly drop all the snow off the roof onto your head ?

Yes I understand what legal is, do you understand that maybe it's not legal to be driving as these people were?

And I think snow falling on me is hardly the same as being run over with a huge quad. Silly comparison :loopy:

gosh some people live sad existences !! What is the point in having a road legal quad if you cant drive it on road just because there a few idiot quad drivers out there doesnt mean there all idiots you lot complaining want to grow up its a few times a year quads come out and have proper fun thats when it snows as for the comment about kids i have a daughter and i dont mind quads because as i said it a couple of times a year there out and the gun comment how can you complain about a quad when you use the idea of shooting some one as a joke or even worse if you would actually do it...grow up you bunch of mardy people
well said ! :D