Cavendish court jobcentre..is it open ??

Elaborate please.

i think i've misunderstood your post. what are you getting at?

Just to explain when I said earlier about snow shoveling, that mean't there was access to the building and that the person who was stating JCP was looking for people to help was being flippant and that generally removing snow is the councils responsibilty not anyone else as far as I am aware.

right, you were getting at what i thought.

ever heard of the highways agency?

also, what do you think private businesses do? phone up the council and ask them to come around and clear up their walkways/car parks?

right, you were getting at what i thought.

also, what do you think private businesses do? phone up the council and ask them to come around and clear up their walkways/car parks?

I am actually completley lost. I think you misunderstood what I mean't in the first post. I wasn't saying the council had responsibility for all the roads. I don't know what you think I was getting at ?? I was basically saying putting wow so wrong doesn't really state much. I am not going to get into an argument about something so ridiculous. I was simply pointing out that JCP aren't resp for snow digging and the reason that they closed was prob more due to health and safety and the wider issue of the snow rather than them needing snow diggers to access the buliding as I interpretted it. :)

right...

i'd say that that the job centre are responsbile for providing access to their own building, but hey what do i know.

right...

i'd say that that the job centre are responsbile for providing access to their own building, but hey what do i know.

They had access, so what do you know ?. You seem intent on baiting an argument here.

Yes - they are responsible for all motorways within the city limits, the bottom tier of the Tinsley viaduct and the Stocksbridge bypass. All other public roads in the city are the responsibility of the council.

Ha ha, theres always gotta be a sarcastic one in the mix !!! Simple question asking for a simple answer thanks for your replies :D

Just a word to the wise, If you don't intend to sign on due to the snow PLEASE (for your own sake) send them an E/Mail via their web site, this way you have proof that you contacted them about your inability to sign. I had this last year and they were going to stop my money untill I told them I'd e/mail them - they found the e/mail and every thing ended up ok.

anyone doubting still what to do.... i would try to contact any number that answers, get it from the horses mouth.... no money.... no bread.... no milk..... you cant panic buy then lol

It's a nightmare trying to contact them - even if you get through you are told all the lines are busy.

It's costing me a fortune to ring the 0845 number via VM (even using a dialer).

I've just e-mailed '[email protected]' & got an "auto reply" - I'm not sure this will make any difference.

Don't get me wrong I'll walk in - if they want but don't want to get there and it to be closed.

Edited by yog99