Item sold with Free 3-Year Pre-Registered Warranty.

As a consumer if you purchased an item that had that stated in the description, what would you take it to mean.

my interpritation of it is a warranty that doesnt have to be registered and comes and starts from the date of purchase. hence the word "Pre-Registered"

Am I right?

As a consumer if you purchased an item that had that stated in the description, what would you take it to mean.

my interpritation of it is a warranty that doesnt have to be registered and comes and starts from the date of purchase. hence the word "Pre-Registered"

Am I right?

That's what it sounds like to me, are the retailer trying to claim otherwise?

Yep, ordered laptop and it said "Free 3-Year Pre-Registered Warranty".

I called the manufacturer as that who it was suppose to be with, they said we only offer the one year standard warranty that any of their items would come with.

That's what it sounds like to me, are the retailer trying to claim otherwise?

Most laptop manufacturers offer a 3 year "care pack" warranty for businesses, maybe its that?

Most laptop manufacturers offer a 3 year "care pack" warranty for businesses, maybe its that?

The description said "Free 3-Year Pre-Registered Warranty", the box the laptop came on has a sticker saying includes 3 year fastguard collect and return, but when i called the manufacturer (samsung) they not go any records of it.

Its a Samsung thing:

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=239741

And usually quite expensive, so you've got a good deal. Perhaps its to stimulate sales of laptops when everyone is buying a netbook or iPad for Xmas.

Extended manufacturer warranties are a pain to activate (if you have several). You get a little brochure of documents and then have to register activation keys online to the laptop.

You'll probably find the warranty begins when you register the ownership of the laptop with Samsung.

Edited by alchresearch

You'll probably find the warranty begins when you register the ownership of the laptop with Samsung.

If it says on the box that it is pre-registered, but he was supposed to register it, then he's been sold an item under false pretences and he can take it back for a full refund anyway.

I bought it from argos, and yes on the box it says "includes 3 year fast guard collect and return warranty".

In the actual description it said "Free 3-Year Pre-Registered Warranty". I mentioned this to Argos but they say because they no longer sell the item they have no way of viewing what the description said. Which I've contacted them about again and await their reply.