Calling all Ex-Pats from around the world

Sunny old Taunton Somerset here in the U.K, not exactly exotic but the weather has been for the last six weeks or so!!!!!

:wow:

All the way from Duke Street, Park District to Inverness, where men are men and sheep always smiling.

Must emphasise that the " toilet story " , only applies to , " everyday " China.

I would think where tourists go , you would find them pretty much like ours . Even in all-Chinese places , it's slowly getting better .

I would say that most of the toilets are generally smellier than ours and a few of the , "normal" ones are really horrible .If anybody does visit China , just ty to use the ones in the hotel or in good restaurants . [ Plenty of MacDonalds around now in the big cities . O.K. for toilets , rubbish for eating ! ].

I lived in Hong Kong for 15 vears.

I would rather die than use a public toilet there ugh!

Been to Beijing a couple of times quite freindly people there I thought

Hi Tweed Heads nsw.Been in aus for 43years,LOVE IT.5minutes from the beach.Came from Melbourne 1989.Lived in Noosa Heads,then onto Tweed:love:

On and off 27 years in Australia, Sydney, Ayers Rock and now Kingscliff

Born in Sheffield 1951, lived in Western Australia since 1973, spent the last 4 plus years working in the Arabian Gulf area, Qatar and Kuwait. Currently still in Kuwait.

Born and bred in the Kelvin and Shiregreen,been living in and around Tokyo since '75.They say that if you're white and want to know what it is like to be black you should go to live in Japan.The racism isn't overt but it's there.Most of my Japanese mates are blue collar and they are great but the corporate crowd give me the pip.By the way,if you like rock roll you should definitely come here.We have some great earthquakes.

I left Sheffield in 1971, ( Wednesdayite ) lived in S. Africa for 2 years and then moved to Canberra Australia in 1973, great place, still miss some of the things back in England. I could not live in England now though, I have 3 grown up kids and 9 grand children. I hope England can win back the ashes, they have been murdered this summer by the Aussies.

Left Pitsmoor Sheffield in 1964, now live in South Australia.

Richmond Hill Road, Richmond to the Cambridgeshire fens. Not a great distance I know, but only an hour and a half away from my next bottle of Hendersons!

Perth, Western OZ...............not bad!

Look in the phone book for "Glen Robinson", mate of mine from Gleadless valley, lived in Perth for about 15 years I think?

Why did so many people leave North Sheffield in the 60s to settle in Canada. Was it the steel industry or just a search for even greasier chip butties?

and which ex-pat is inviting me over for a holiday :D