Shops that are open despite the snow (01/12/2010)

I need wellies and food and I'm near Eccelsall Road. Does anyone know if the shops on Ecclesall Road or even in town are open?

I walked down Ecclesall Road at ten this morning. Tesco was open, as was the new little corner shop / minimarket, a few coffee shops and the Varsity pub.

Are any of the shops on Heeley retail park open?

Thanks x

I live in Gleadless Valley and desperately need to top up my gas/electric. Can anyone tell me if there are any shops doing Paypoint open? Eg: Newfield/Townend/Heeley (a long walk but will do it if I can get heat and light!).

Is other food in desperation too? Have got hungry kids and cats, very short of supplies now =P

Thanks in advance!

Quite a lot is open in town.... including wetherspoons and the forum!!

I live in Gleadless Valley and desperately need to top up my gas/electric. Can anyone tell me if there are any shops doing Paypoint open? Eg: Newfield/Townend/Heeley (a long walk but will do it if I can get heat and light!).

Is other food in desperation too? Have got hungry kids and cats, very short of supplies now =P

Thanks in advance!

From the looks of my neighbours and them carrying bits and bobs, my corner shop appears to be open (Steves / CostCutters on Valley Road)

156 Valley Rd

Sheffield, South Yorkshire S8 9GA

0114 255 5010

If its not much of a trek, give them a ring to confirm. Worse comes to worse bring your sledge and go to Meersbrook Park (which is just behind the shop)

Quite a lot is open in town.... including wetherspoons and the forum!!

how are people gettin there :huh:

my partner walked into work. left extra early and put on his waterproof hiking gear.

Tesco on Woodseats is open and they have bread and milk but are running out fast - it was packed full of people buying those huge bottles of milk, and they only had a few bags of breadcakes left and not much bread. With the amount some people were buying, I was wondering if we are about to experience armageddon, or a similar 'Survivors' type situation. I went in for a few essentials - bread, milk, chocolate, wine. Am now happy.

Greggs across the road is also open, but not sure how long for as I didn't go in. Just be warned - the pavements are slippery and mushy, which will be fun tomorrow if it all freezes over tonight.

Kirans on Prince Of Wales Road is open.

Just had a bread delivery but no milk. He has PayPoint for your gas and leccy too.

Thanks in advance!

You could take a walk to Manor Top. The Nisa there does PayPoint.

anyone know if the lottery machines are working again in firth park...