The "Thank You" Megathread - has someone helped you in the snow?

Huge thanks to a certain forum couple who live nearby to me, who came to my rescue this evening, and very kindly brought me some provisions (bread, milk etc) which was a great relief to me.

Massive thanks from me and the menagerie! XXX

Thank you so very much for the 4x4 driver who stopped and picked me up on The Parkway this afternoon and took me to the city centre.

I'd already walked 8 miles to get to work in the morning and really wasn't looking forward to the rest of the return journey.

You were a lifesaver x

Thanks to the taxi driver who tried to jump start our car outside the train station. It didn't work and we had to wait for the aa but thanks for trying to help. :)

stagecoach are fantastic, at least they try, unlike another company (fir... something or other...) they run when the other companies pull out at the first sign of something different, are significantly cheaper and they get going again before any other company even thinks about it. I can't thank stagecoach enough over the past couple of days for helping myself and alot of other people to get around during this awful weather

Yes...well done Stagecoach....not only for the buses...but for getting the tram up and running :nod:

I understand the points were well frozen early this morning but your maintenance guys were soon on the job and the trams were running up to Middlewood :thumbsup:

I stopped and thanked the guys working to keep the points clear at Hillsborough corner :D

I would like to say a huge "thank you" to one of my neighbours - Jan.

I have a balance disorder and chronic fatigue syndrome, but needed to walk to our local shop for essentials. She offered to go for me but I had no cash and needed to pay by Debit card.

The snow on our estate varies but on average it's knee-high (and I'm 5'8" tall). She accompanied me there and back, ensuring I was safe and took my time. I wouldn't have had the guts to do it alone, and it's very difficult for me to ask for help as my rpide gets in the way.

I'd also like to say "thank you" to everyone in the Emergency Services, those who work in the healthcare industry, and near enough every single person who has made a Herculean effort to ensure others don't suffer as a result of the present weather conditions, including our team of gritters, snow plough drivers, and public transport operators.....there are just too many people to mention!

There are so many angels out there, and not all of them have wings which are visible xxx

I'd like to thank the black cab driver who took pity on a stranded pregnant lady Tuesday night and took me as close to home as he could get (Nethergreen to Granville Road) by driving slowly and carefully when no buses were running and no private hire taxi's would come out (and I don't blame them!). He also got very upset that he couldn't get me any closer to home.

Also a massive thanks to the group of young lads on Granville Road who helped catch and then push the taxi to safety when it started to slide backwards down the hill! I dread to think what would have happened if they hadn't stepped in. Huge kudos to you guys and I honestly would have helped if it had been safe for me to do so.

Thank you all xxxx

I would like to thank a bloke called Chris, driving a Silver Passat, he stopped this morning and offered me a lift. He had already picked up one passenger and we picked another two up on the way to Attercliffe. Thankyou Chris!

Thanks to the staff at Capel St sorting office, who took care to ring me to let me know my son's special delivery with his visa had arrived first thing this morning, and then kept the office open after they had been told to close it and go home, in order to give him time to get there and pick it up. Assuming he can get a train to Manchester, he should still be able to catch his flight to Japan :thumbsup:

just been to jaunty way shops on base green no bread or milk in shops on there i did get some breadcake from bakery on there but no milk .on my way home slipping and sliding i saw a man with 2 four pint milk i was a little cheeky and asked him to sell me one he gave me a four pint milk but wouldent take any money for it .if you are reading this this little old lady thanks you and i hope you have the best christmas ever again thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxxx

well done to the lads at fairleigh premier shop for going all the way to doncaster at 4am to make sure we all get bread and milk so what if they put milk up 20p we should all be gratefull that they bother a lot of people wouldnt !!

well done to the lads at fairleigh premier shop for going all the way to doncaster at 4am to make sure we all get bread and milk so what if they put milk up 20p we should all be gratefull that they bother a lot of people wouldnt !!

Oh bless them! :love:

*sends hubby to shop quickly*