Bad Weather: Roads and Public Transport - 01/12/2010

What's the best way to get to Manchester tomorrow?

Train?

Trains between Sheffield and Manchester PIccadilly will only run between Edale and Manchester Piccadilly.

I'll have to get on at Edale station to get to MCR so which busses go to Edale station?!

Coach services?

Any info is appreciated.

Edited by 03sho

Your best bet is probably train via Leeds, but make sure you leave lots of extra time for your journey as virtually all the Leeds trains were delayed today.

Apparently a couple of trains got through from Manchester today so you might be lucky, but the reason for the suspension is apparently an attempt to keep the main line to London running by not using the points in Dore.

Thanks for your reply bud :)

Do you know how long the trains were delayed for?

Anywhere between 15 mins and 60 mins, I even saw one with 140 something mins delay at one point. Remember you can see the departure boards from home on the National Rail website - Sheffield Live Departure Board.

I dont think buses will be running down my road like they usually do unfortunatly :(

Thank you for supplying the links to travel sites. unfortunately i have been watching supertram site yesterday and today and it has been updated about twice, you cannot rely on it for giving you accurate info...i guess just have to go to tramstop and wait. They say they have been running a regular 20 min service, however i could not get a tram to work this morning, so i wondered if they were running through city only or if due to conditions the trams are hit and miss ! The travel line number they have posted is closed. I know everyone must be trying their best but i would have thought in this age of technology they would be able to give full up to the hour infomation via a web site i am sure they have radios to send back information to the depot ?

Thank you for supplying the links to travel sites. unfortunately i have been watching supertram site yesterday and today and it has been updated about twice, you cannot rely on it for giving you accurate info...i guess just have to go to tramstop and wait. They say they have been running a regular 20 min service, however i could not get a tram to work this morning, so i wondered if they were running through city only or if due to conditions the trams are hit and miss ! The travel line number they have posted is closed. I know everyone must be trying their best but i would have thought in this age of technology they would be able to give full up to the hour infomation via a web site i am sure they have radios to send back information to the depot ?

If you couldn't get to work today, what makes you think the person who normally updates the Supertram website was able to? :)

Let's hope we all have a better day tomorrow!