449 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a snow day and why?

• Told not to go to work.
    • Decided not to go to work.
    • Had to go to work.
    • Went to work no matter what.
    • Set off but had to go back home.
    • Childcare issues forced time off.

Wimped out today. We got sent home yesterday and it's even deeper this morning. I also ache all over from my weird penguin style walking yesterday. It's nice to sit in and watch the snow through the window.

Our daughter has walked it again from Walkley to NGH. :thumbsup: The H1bus was running yesterday evening so she didn't have to walk home. Hopefully it'll be the same tonight.

people see themselves as heroes when they manage to get into work, but realistically they are probably endangering other road users with snow on their roof.

i went into work yesterday but got no thanks for it. plus those who didn't bother weren't financially penalised.

people see themselves as heroes when they manage to get into work, but realistically they are probably endangering other road users with snow on their roof.

i went into work yesterday but got no thanks for it. plus those who didn't bother weren't financially penalised.

I didn't go in yesterday but made it today, the roads seemed much better. Plus there seems to be an unofficial points system here, get too many and you are out the door. I reckon I racked a few up yesterday :suspect:

If I suspected for one minute that the ones not turning up were getting the same rewards as the ones who had turned up, then I think I'd say, 'Sod it' as well. In fact, if I find out that the lazy gits at our place are getting paid for sitting on their arses at home then I'll be expecting these holidays of mine to be classed as 'snowdays' and some more holiday days to be given in lieu.

I didn't go in yesterday but made it today, the roads seemed much better. Plus there seems to be an unofficial points system here, get too many and you are out the door. I reckon I racked a few up yesterday :suspect:

heh, i've only just started at my place but they seem pretty lenient. 3 days is generally OK and they'll pay you, anything more and they CONSIDER making you take it as holiday.

If I suspected for one minute that the ones not turning up were getting the same rewards as the ones who had turned up, then I think I'd say, 'Sod it' as well. In fact, if I find out that the lazy gits at our place are getting paid for sitting on their arses at home then I'll be expecting these holidays of mine to be classed as 'snowdays' and some more holiday days to be given in lieu.

Effective extra bank holidays without having to endure a royal wedding !!

resulto!!

heh, i've only just started at my place but they seem pretty lenient. 3 days is generally OK and they'll pay you, anything more and they CONSIDER making you take it as holiday.

They are usually OK at my place, unfortunately due to data protection rules I'm unable to work from home. I could have struggled in today so I don't mind taking 1 days annual leave if they insist.

Walked into work yesterday with 4 others also turning up after all walking a fair distance. All the other lazy people that couldn't be bothered get paid.

Just been advised that some lazy person has decided to keep the office closed today...ho-hum.

What I find REALLY annoying is bosses who tell staff to try and get in, which they do, risking their safety and wasting time and petrol, to get there and sit doing NOTHING (nothing to deliver as no access to places).... but then these bosses don't bother to turn up themselves!

Another snow day for me. Boss called and said unless you can walk don't even attempt it. I live over 7 miles from work so I chose not to attempt it. Luckily I have lots of built up flexi time so hopefully won't have to take it as annual.

What I find REALLY annoying is bosses who tell staff to try and get in, which they do, risking their safety and wasting time and petrol, to get there and sit doing NOTHING (nothing to deliver as no access to places).... but then these bosses don't bother to turn up themselves!

100% agree. i did nothing yesterday apart from drink tea and eat toast, for 7 hours.