449 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a snow day and why?

• Told not to go to work.
    • Decided not to go to work.
    • Had to go to work.
    • Went to work no matter what.
    • Set off but had to go back home.
    • Childcare issues forced time off.

went from thorpe hesley to half way up prince of wales road to find it closed, so turned around and came back home

My hubbie set off at 4.20 to get to Rotherham from Hillsborough 6.00 start. Got there for 5.15 but cant see him getting home if main roads arent clear.

I set off walking then got a text saying uni closed, go home! So I still get paid & don't have to take a leave day!!! Yippee!!!

We're here but over a foot of snow in the yard,cleared the ramp this morning but covered again...snow cars getting in or out methinks!!

LOL, At all the cars left double parked on the main road last night to get to work today and none of them have moved.

Hubby had to go to work yesterday and works in Derby. Took him 3 and half hours to get home last night. Thank you to the kind people of Tupton who were out shoveling snow and helping push cars up the hill.

Today he's not going in, but he's had to take an annual leave day. His bosses, would never ring him and tell him to stay at home. They don't care if he killed himself trying to get to work so long as he tried. It's not an important job, so I could understand it if he was a careworker, hospital staff etc.

I live in Walkley and work in Meersbrook so yesterday I walked in to town and then got a no 20 bus out to Chesterfield Road. On the way home I got a lift to Waitrose and walked up to West Street for the 95.

When I got home I discovered that our boiler has packed up - so no heating or hot water! :(

Today there are no buses and I really can't face walking all the way to Meersbrook and back. Plus, I need to wait in for my lovely plumber friend.

As I put lentils in bags for a living I figure the world won't end if I don't go in. And yes, I do get paid even if I don't go in.

I'm not doing my volunteering today as the kids school's are closed, and I can't take them with me.

Hubby usually works at the Northern General, but is trying to get into the Hallamshire (tram permitting). He can be useful at either hospital.

i was told to make my way to the firms nearest office rather than my usual place of work....so i did a 20minute trek through the snow instead of the usual 40 mins tram ride.

whilst im angling for an early finish as i cant actually do any work here (i dont have the right programs on my pc) i dont think its going to happen.

x

Went to Computer Science department, but hardly anyone here.

Ive been out in the van ,and had no problems what so ever on the roads .

Too many people panic and think they wont be able to drive .

The main roads are fine .

Ive been out in the van ,and had no problems what so ever on the roads .

Too many people panic and think they wont be able to drive .

The main roads are fine .

Where?.

They are not fine here and the main bus route is not passable, one of the busiest in the city.

No snow plough and no gritters have been near.