449 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a snow day and why?

• Told not to go to work.
    • Decided not to go to work.
    • Had to go to work.
    • Went to work no matter what.
    • Set off but had to go back home.
    • Childcare issues forced time off.

We have over a foot of lying snow here on our garden ,and im about to walk up to the main road where ive left my van overnight and see if i can dig it out.

Should be fun trying to control a big van in this lot .:hihi:

:hihi::hihi:its my rota day off :clap::clap: - yippeeee

Last night I parked about 10 minutes walk ffrom home so that I would be able to get out this morning. I set off at 6:30, and got to Leeds at 8:30am (took about 40 minutes longer than normal).

Coming back home tonight took about 70 minutes, 10 minutes less than normal due to the traffic being lighter.

I've parked up the road again, in readiness for tomorrow. I'll walk to the car and then take a view as to whether or not it looks OK, which is what I did this morning.

If I don't go in, I'll either take a day's leave, or, if past experience is repeated, we'll be given the chance to work extra hours to make up the shortfall. This seems fair enough to me.

Went to my car at 6:30 this morning. A few cars were struggling. This, and the forecast of more snow both here and in Leeds, made me decide to give it a miss. So a day's leave for me (or extra work in lieu).

I'm going to have to take a leave day :(

I've made it. Parked at the outlaws house last night as they're straight onto a main road. The M1 was passable and got here relatively event free. The only place I got stuck was in the works car park. :hihi:

i walked in, and shortly i shall be walking back again! uni closed, but shu didn't manage to make a decision before i got to work. bah!

DD walked it from Walkley to NGH this morning - hopefully there will be some transport running PM. Who says nurses aren't dedicated any more. :love:

No, the school I teach in is closed and my kids' school is closed too.

3 people on our wing made it. Our building manager just came round to thank everyone personally. It was touch and go whether the building would be opened due to the lack of trained first aiders but enough have now arrived.

I can walk, as I did yesterday, but none of the key holders can get in so not much point starting the mammoth trek. What a shame ....

Made it from Foxhill to Fulwood via childrens hospital again at 8am

Boss has told us to go home.