449 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a snow day and why?

• Told not to go to work.
    • Decided not to go to work.
    • Had to go to work.
    • Went to work no matter what.
    • Set off but had to go back home.
    • Childcare issues forced time off.

I work in Wakefield. Walked to the station and got the train as usual - no problem. Planning to do the same again today.

S xxx

I think your ok that way. However trains between grindleford and Sheffield have stopped so there is no way over to Manchester at the moment. Still running Manchester to Grindelford.

I bet half the poeple who clicked 'i go to work no matter what' lied and stayed at home. Some people eh? lol.

I'm debating whether it's worth walking the 8ish miles from Bradfield to Collegiate to give a lecture this afternoon which will have limited attendance. I made it in on Monday without a problem, but had an empty teaching room in the afternoon... The session is 4-6 and I really don't fancy walking down the country roads in the dark.

I managed to get in. Live in s2 work in Chesterfield.

Main roads were fine

How come all the telly and radio people managed to make it to work today?!

Went in yesterday, going in again today. Lazy council worker scum :)

How come all the telly and radio people managed to make it to work today?!

Behind the scenes it's a very limited service. I work at a radio station and we're working from home today.

Didn't go in yesterday due to being unwell, wasn't planning on going in today for the same reason but I have just had a call from a lass I work with telling me that the boss has said not to bother. Yipee!

Went down for the bus and didn't see anything in 45 minutes, so went home. That's when I heard the buses are all off.

As I work in IT and have remote access I stay at home at the first sign of snow. I feel sorry for those folk who lose a days pay if they can't get in.

I did attend work yesterday which now looking out this morning was a breeze! I wont be going today not only are my children off school but that white stuff looks mean!

I feel for the ppl that have no choice.

To make me feel less guilty about not going to work I will be doing my good deed as usual offering any help to the oldies on my road.