449 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a snow day and why?

• Told not to go to work.
    • Decided not to go to work.
    • Had to go to work.
    • Went to work no matter what.
    • Set off but had to go back home.
    • Childcare issues forced time off.

I think there maybe a problem for alot 2morrow to get to work;);)

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going" by the sound of it most got in,if they really had too. I must admit though tomorrow has me opening up new ways to get in, I am lucky as I have bus,tram and even train options, all within ten minutes initial walk.

I walked home from work tonight (Crookes to Stannington - well Lower Stannington).

Not looking forward to having to do it the other way in the morning.

It's looking increasingly likely I will have to walk home in the morning from the Airport Business Park to Manor Top. Think it's about 4 miles which should be fun in this. Was bad enough when I drove in at 18:30 and it's not stopped snowing since! Although this is all assuming the next shift turn up at 7am, or I could be here a good while yet!!

My hubby has to travel sheffield to newark but has managed to get there and now on way home. OMG so much snow not seen like this since was in the 70s

wrote off my car this morning in an attempt to avoid another driver who had skidded ...if it hadn't have been urgent i wouldn't have normally taken the car out in this weather.

Hubby managed to get to work in car (city centre) he had to be there,

but couldn't get back up our rd when he got back, so looks

like tram today if they are running.

I live in Stocksbridge (S36) and work on Ecclesall road. I knew it was going to snow last night as all the weather reports said it would. So moved my car onto the main road (a 30 min walk away), and left it there again tonight as it will probably snow again. You just have to forward plan and there wouldn't be half as much trouble on the roads. :)

I too live at top end of Stocky, just below Bolsterstone. I tried to get down Carr Road but was blocked with traffic, so gave up and went back. I did leave my car when we had the bad snow in January, near the co-op I was one of the lucky ones as 7 cars had their windows smashed and broken into, so really it's not worth leaving it, these thieves take advantage of abandoned cars.

Not only went in yesterday, but got out to delivery as well and delivered it all (postie)

This morning is a different story though, my car is stuck and even if i could move it the main road has disappeared under 8" of snow. The buses were getting stuck yesterday lunchtime (41,42,120) so they haven't got a prayer of getting through now.

Just had to phone work and let them know I ain't able to get in. Luckily I can work from home :)

Went to work on tram 8am yesterday ( tues ), got home by tram 3pm

Set off to work at 6pm by car ( never again ) and I'm still here looks like I'm here for the duration; cant imagine trudging through this lot back again tonight and tomorrow.

I went in yesterday but no chance today, I did get up and go out and have a look, but I cant get out of the side roads, not walking and can't work from home.

I work in Wakefield. Walked to the station and got the train as usual - no problem. Planning to do the same again today.

S xxx