449 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a snow day and why?

• Told not to go to work.
    • Decided not to go to work.
    • Had to go to work.
    • Went to work no matter what.
    • Set off but had to go back home.
    • Childcare issues forced time off.

I'm annoyed because today i learned that the people that didn't turn in at my work yesterday(of which there were many :roll:) have all been allowed to have it as a paid holiday day. I think that's disrespectful to those of us that made the effort....what do we get? nothing i suppose, after all, we merely turned up for work :|

well had most of the week of but thats my choice as self employed but the pay stinks lol for doing it

Made it in every day. My journey is by main road virtually all the way though.

I'm off at moment due to broken bones but I would go in no matter what- definitely think that firms that are allowing time off paid for those that can't get in should be allowing a day off in lieu for the ones that turn up

Kudos to people that walk into work if they can like nurses, and emergency services etc..,

However many employers don't think any better of you for doing it ,& I doubt they will be the first people to visit you in hospital when you have slipped on the snow or ice and broken your arm, leg or neck! ..its just not worth the risk in conditions as hazardous as it has been.

Likewise because people have not wanted to risk being stranded or injured they will no doubt have pay stopped.

I have known people who have crawled to work in blizzards to score brownie points with the bosses.. but that soon gets forgotten when redundancies are handed out!!

Edited by HelenaC

After 2 days working from home I was glad to get back to work today. Bus on time, no traffic and no students.

Quite a few people turned in, largely because they were also fed up working from home.

My work are quite good, as we have the ability to work from home. We were thanked for making the effort to get in to the office and told we could slope off after 4 but we were busy so most people actually worked over by about 30 minutes to get stuff finished off. Probably made up for the fact that we'd been less productive at home earlier in the week

Its a bit of give and take

Dont think many people had an excuse today! Public transport has been fine (apart from a few cancelled trains!)

I walked home from work on Wed and thurs from manor top to Springfield Road, which is about 4 miles. I'm 62 and was determined to get to work no matter what - some of the moaning I have heard from colleagues beggars believe.

mary

I'm annoyed because today i learned that the people that didn't turn in at my work yesterday(of which there were many :roll:) have all been allowed to have it as a paid holiday day. I think that's disrespectful to those of us that made the effort....what do we get? nothing i suppose, after all, we merely turned up for work :|

Paid annual leave, out of their holiday allowance? In which case you get to use your holiday when you like...

Paid annual leave, out of their holiday allowance? In which case you get to use your holiday when you like...

Those of us that got ourselves in shouldn't have bothered...should've stayed at home and had two days paid holiday eh? :roll:

Its bad for morale this type of thing.

Those of us that got ourselves in shouldn't have bothered...should've stayed at home and had two days paid holiday eh? :roll:

Its bad for morale this type of thing.

Or maybe some people that can't get into work and have holidays left might not be able to afford to live on one days pay, so taking their outstanding holiday pay seems the better option if they have a mortgage to pay next week!.....................