Subway franchise as a business in Sheffield?

The economies of scale aren't so great as to make a single store unviable. Your major costs will remain the same in each store.

Great, thanks for the insight.

To start from a single store franchise, how much loan is granted from the bank ? And is it necessary to invest some amount of personal capital or loan is sufficient ?

I read an article that HSBC considers Subway an A1 franchise, which means it's a trusted franchisor and system, so they will lend up to 70% of the cost.

Hi, A subway near Silversmiths,next to the Hallam uni would do great business with the students but bear in my they are not here all year round

Hi, A subway near Silversmiths,next to the Hallam uni would do great business with the students but bear in my they are not here all year round

My office is here and this is definately a go-er, you have the footfall from the train station too. I mean it, if you can absorb the collosal Business rates of the city centre you will fly here...

I may be in a minority but I'm not fond of subway, specially the prices. My husband on the other hand does like them. I would always look for an independant shop that offers a good choice of hot or cold sandwiches.

Why not invest in a specially made catering van (not a converted old van) and buy a pitch at events. You could work part time and make loads of money. A friend of my husbands does that.

Subway have a very good retail system and are growing quickly, but few of their franchisees are making any real money (and yes I am sure of my facts here). Ask them to provide independantly audited net profit figures for their franchises. Any franchise company worth it's salt will provide this info - if they can't (or rather won't) and start muttering about confidentiality then walk the other way. Get advice from the BFA too.

If your wanting to run a franchise, then look into running a Burger King in Barnsley. There are none whatsoever and the town has over a quarter of a million people.

Mcdonalds actually closed as it was not profitable anymore. Costs were running high and there was limited profits. I doubt that a BurgerMing would be any different.

ok this has nothing to do with subway although i do like subway, so now it's got a bit to do with subway but more imporatantely for me. Does anyone know how to start a thread?

we have the chip shop in the market, and went to a Subway presentation with a view to opening a subway in the city center a couple of years ago.

was very disappointed that they dictated to us the areas that they would only consider,

we had to disclose to them that we wanted to put the franchise in the "new market" and was told that would cost us aprox £70,000 for the franchise, that was just for a double market stall. The biggest problem was because this guy has the city center franchises and he is locked out of the new market he didn't want us in the city center.

so my advice to you as a fast food seller myself is create your own style and brand, if your products are good enough people will travel, but location is very important, good luck!

we have the chip shop in the market, and went to a Subway presentation with a view to opening a subway in the city center a couple of years ago.

was very disappointed that they dictated to us the areas that they would only consider,

we had to disclose to them that we wanted to put the franchise in the "new market" and was told that would cost us aprox £70,000 for the franchise, that was just for a double market stall. The biggest problem was because this guy has the city center franchises and he is locked out of the new market he didn't want us in the city center.

so my advice to you as a fast food seller myself is create your own style and brand, if your products are good enough people will travel, but location is very important, good luck!

Couldn't agree

Edited by FACEBOOK

yes we still have the chip shop, as the saying goes......if it ain't broke, don't fix it!