Damp in rental property

I moved into my rented flat last march. It is the bottom floor of an old terrace. When I moved in, it seemed clear that there was probably an issue with condensation, but I thought it wouldn't be too bad. However, in September, a large damp patch appeared in my kitchen (and in the bathroom on the same wall). I of course reported it to my letting agents, they sent someone round to look at it, and since then they have taken no action, despite numerous phone calls. Also, in the last couple of weeks, a new large damp patch has appeared in the bedroom. All these damp patches are growing steadily, the one in the kitchen is now floor to ceiling, and all are growing mould on them. I have also noticed in recent weeks that much of my stuff is getting mildewy, I am having to wash clothes that have been hanging in the wardrobe for a while which isn't fun.

A tile fell off the roof the other week.

I'm guessing this has to be more than just condensation now, surely it must be something to do with the roof or walls? How do I get my letting agents to take action over this? Does it sound like the type of job that will be disruptive to my life? Am I better just getting out of there?