Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I just wish they could prioritise the older parcels. Newer ones are coming through ok, but older ones just aren't arriving at all. I'm losing hope a little. Can't see everything arriving, or where things do arrive I can't see them all being undamaged, since they've just been sitting somewhere and ignored for over 2 weeks. It feels like the lottery and that's not really what people are looking for in Royal Mail. There shouldn't really be anyone feeling lucky to get the goods they paid for delivered.

Well my last parcel(which I ordered first) arrived today only 12 days late- Thanks for all time it took to report missing, getting a refund and then having to get the item listed again on my account. God help us if there's any more snow:(

They have had staff working all night prepping deliveries so they are trying.

I have been waiting 15 days for a pair of boots....rule 1... never part a women from a pair of boots. :rant:

Who holds the record for not recieving anything scince the snow started?

What area?

What road?

I have been waiting 15 days for a pair of boots....rule 1... never part a women from a pair of boots. :rant:

13 days for my beautiful silver 5 inch platform stilettos too :(

I had two Christmas cards sent to me from Sheffield yesterday, one was postmarked 'Hull' and one was postmarked 'Lake District' !!

We have had a couple of parcels today, but STILL no letters for 2 weeks now. Nothing even yesterday when the snow had pretty much disappeared. I think our post lady finds it arduous without the snow and ice and she often doesn't bother. We had the same thing last year. I would love to do a job where you are so unaccountable. Do they not realise the disruption this causes to people and businesses? It's starting to cause some real difficulties for people down our street.

Unaccountable?

Not delivering mail that you are due to take that day is Wilful delay, which is a criminal offence.

We can't just decide whether to bother or not - have you tried complaining to the Delivery Office directly to tell them what you think is happening?

I just wish they could prioritise the older parcels. Newer ones are coming through ok, but older ones just aren't arriving at all. I'm losing hope a little. Can't see everything arriving, or where things do arrive I can't see them all being undamaged, since they've just been sitting somewhere and ignored for over 2 weeks. It feels like the lottery and that's not really what people are looking for in Royal Mail. There shouldn't really be anyone feeling lucky to get the goods they paid for delivered.

If other Delivery Offices are like ours (Pond Street, covering S1/2/3/4/14) then we have cleared much of the backlog. 30+ of us worked Sunday and a lot did 70+ hour weeks last week (including me).

Don't think that we don't care, last Thursday I took out a works van after i'd finished my delivery and delivered all my delayed parcels, working overtime for no pay.

Tbh I think the sheer volume of parcels has taken RM by suprise and the bad weather has seriously compounded that. Last year was busy, and yes obviously everyone knows internet shopping has massively increased but there really is an unbelievable amount of parcels this year.

We have never failed to clear the office though and we won't this year.

not in sheffield but im waiting for 3 parcels which the oldest i bought 3 week today still asent come but i received one today that i only bought it on thursday S70 area

We received the last of ours today... our postie has been hard at work, even coming on Sunday morning, bless him.

If other Delivery Offices are like ours (Pond Street, covering S1/2/3/4/14) then we have cleared much of the backlog. 30+ of us worked Sunday and a lot did 70+ hour weeks last week (including me).

Don't think that we don't care, last Thursday I took out a works van after i'd finished my delivery and delivered all my delayed parcels, working overtime for no pay.

Tbh I think the sheer volume of parcels has taken RM by suprise and the bad weather has seriously compounded that. Last year was busy, and yes obviously everyone knows internet shopping has massively increased but there really is an unbelievable amount of parcels this year.

We have never failed to clear the office though and we won't this year.

I appreciate individual workers are doing all they can but something is seriously wrong with the system when parcels have been delayed so long.

Hurrah received parcel today posted 25th November (one of two... other one was delivered last week)!!!!