Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Me neither. We had nothing at all today - I'm starting to panic slightly....

Same... :(

I would just like to know that they are on their way. I don't care if they arrive tomorrow or Friday, as long as I know they're gonna come at some point in the coming week.

It's the limbo that's annoying the hell out of me. I don't know whether to start getting replacement presents or what.

still not got my parcel posted 25.11.... only Christmas cards.... and someone elses not even on my road!!! it doesn't fill me with confidence... am wondering if my parcel has gone to the wrong address cause 1 other posted on the same date from the same company came last Tuesday :( I hope not

Royal mail should be refunding post senders, as they have broken the contract they are entered too when they receive money to post something.

Does anyone know if they have covered their backs with small print etc for this? Might be an opportunity to get a nice lump sum from them... especially where businesses are concerned..

I've had no parcels or post in S7 today and I'm expecting quite a few

Do Royal mail deliver to your area normally on a Sunday? I've never had a Sunday delivery.

I have been waiting for a parcel to be delivered for over 2 weeks now and was begining to worry slightly as it was a present for xmas.

Anyhow today (Sunday) a Royal Mail van pulled up over the road and 2 post men were dashing back and forth with parcels to about 4 houses and then to mine.

My parcel had arrived thankfully. They must be paying the staff at Royal Mail to work extra to get any delayed deliveries out due to the weather and all the extra xmas deliveries out on time.

Do Royal mail deliver to your area normally on a Sunday? I've never had a Sunday delivery.

I was just asking as someone mentioned Royal mail were doing deliveries yesterday due to the backlog of post. We've had Sunday deliveries before in S7, saying that I have no idea when my postman should turn up at normal times of the year. Sometimes it at 8:30, sometimes after 10 and sometimes at 3 in the afternoon :-D

I got a sunday delivery yesterday about 10am, I'm S7. It was a parcel ordered a week ago that had come by registered mail. Turns out they were only delivering the registered/recorded post.

Still waiting on about 8 parcels so fingers crossed for today.

My wife was in the post office the other day and a woman in front wanted to send a parcel, she was told 1st class wouldn't be guaranteed for Christmas, nor would recorded. She could send it by guaranteed next day delivery for about £14 but....that wasn't guaranteed to get there for Christmas either depending on how the receiving office was working.

Think she decided to walk it herself... ;o)

The times should be:

UK

Sat 18 Dec 2010 Second Class

Tue 21 Dec 2010 First Class

Recorded Signed Forâ„¢ has the same last posting dates as the 1st and 2nd Class service that the customer has chosen to apply it to

Wed 15 Dec 2010 Standard Parcels

Wed 22 Dec 2010 Parcelforce 48

Thu 23 Dec 2010 Parcelforce Next Day

I'm expecting a parcel that was posted on the 28th November. I've just reported it missing to the company who posted it.

Edited by RichJay

I got a sunday delivery yesterday about 10am, I'm S7. It was a parcel ordered a week ago that had come by registered mail. Turns out they were only delivering the registered/recorded post.

Still waiting on about 8 parcels so fingers crossed for today.

My wife was in the post office the other day and a woman in front wanted to send a parcel, she was told 1st class wouldn't be guaranteed for Christmas, nor would recorded. She could send it by guaranteed next day delivery for about £14 but....that wasn't guaranteed to get there for Christmas either depending on how the receiving office was working.

Think she decided to walk it herself... ;o)

The times should be:

UK

Sat 18 Dec 2010 Second Class

Tue 21 Dec 2010 First Class

Recorded Signed Forâ„¢ has the same last posting dates as the 1st and 2nd Class service that the customer has chosen to apply it to

Wed 15 Dec 2010 Standard Parcels

Wed 22 Dec 2010 Parcelforce 48

Thu 23 Dec 2010 Parcelforce Next Day

I've been expecting several parcels for 3 weeks now. While in the post office near the Peace Gardens on Friday staff there were telling people 1st class wouldn't arrive until after Christmas, over 2 weeks delay on a next day service.

They also seemed delighted to tell the old dears with Christmas cards to post that they could make sure the cards arrived by using Special Delivery, at a mere £5.05 per letter. This smacks of money grabbing to me.