Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Royal Mail van seen delivering in Ecclesfield, 2.45pm.

One thing to bear in mind is that if the item is comming from an area taht is snow bound scotland etc then the item may be delayed that end

Well I dont mean to get on their backs but if this guy can do it, why can't Scotlands postmen?

Bearing in mind the state of the majority of pavements in Sheffield it is hardly surprising that delivery postmen are a tad later than usual.

I saw a postie walking around in a short sleeve shirt this morning :shocked:

Wed 1st December. Got to work this morning at 06:00. All Royal Mail transport suspended so no mail going out to the districts. So it follows on, no deliveries and we all got sent home at 7am.

Edited by olilew
add date

I work for parcelforce and no vans going out today either

Does anyone know if this is open it's my last day to collect a parcel but it's a long walk if it isn't

Thanks

royal mail are still running ,as said by someone who works for royal mail in a thred of mine yesterday.

the callers office should still be open but i doubt there will be any deliveries

Thanks for this post, I was wondering what would happen with deliveries :)

Hi my husband works for sheffield royal mail and like anyone else can not work miracles and deliver post in these conditions we have no buses and no trams running and we can even see our vehicles on our drive and i for one would like him to be safe at home not risking emptying boxes !! x