Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Anybody had any mail in Ecclesfield area yet?

I,ve heard no deliveries in s2 till monday.

Been told by employee that there will be no post until Monday at the earliest from Pitt Lane depot.

I talked to the sorting office at halfway this morning (to find out if we had any parcels there that i could collect), and the lady explained that they haven't been able to get the lorries up there all week, they were hoping to try get a delivery up Saturday morning, or at the latest Monday all being well..

Nope.

Its not safe for the post men and women to be walking on the icey foot paths to deliver post.

Post cant be delivered to the drop boxes, which are mainly on uncleared side roads.

Just wondering why boots with spikes on designed to walk on snow and ice can't be provided? Also strange that it was 'safe' to walk on those same icy footpaths in the 70's, 80's and 90's. I wouldn't want anyone to risk hurting themselves but there are solutions to this which keep everyone safe!

Just wondering why boots with spikes on designed to walk on snow and ice can't be provided? Also strange that it was 'safe' to walk on those same icy footpaths in the 70's, 80's and 90's. I wouldn't want anyone to risk hurting themselves but there are solutions to this which keep everyone safe!

They get the chains for the boots, but it doesnt stop the falls etc... you know health and saftey in any job is bad.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1627170953384&set=a.1609028859843.2083525.1059851788

It's understandable if post can't be delivered but the lack of communication is completely unacceptable. They only need one person in an office to answer the phone and give people info but in S10 there is no answer. Even a recorded message on the answer phone explaining the difficulties etc. would be something. How hard would it be to update the royal mail website with postcode estimates of when post will get moving again? There is no excuse for bad customer service.

It's understandable if post can't be delivered but the lack of communication is completely unacceptable. They only need one person in an office to answer the phone and give people info but in S10 there is no answer. Even a recorded message on the answer phone explaining the difficulties etc. would be something. How hard would it be to update the royal mail website with postcode estimates of when post will get moving again? There is no excuse for bad customer service.

Explaining the difficulties etc :loopy:

LOOK outside

If I can't offer a service to my clients i am on the phone to explain when I can. Why is that crazy? I have got more info about expected delivery times from the sheffield forum than the royal mail website and phone lines combined. thats not right.

Edited by Sheff photo

If I can't offer a service to my clients i am on the phone to explain when I can. Why is that crazy?

I agree. It wouldn't be difficult to have a web page that was updated to say which areas wouldn't be having deliveries.

We live near the Co-Op on Derbyshire Lane and havent had any post since Friday :(

Needless to say, the missing post includes my snow chains and Christmas gifts :(