Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I only live 500 meters from the sorting office and have received nothing this week.

I'm so jealous of you "townies". Us people out on the very edges of Sheffield don't get anything when the weather is bad. We haven't had a postal delivery in our village for 4 days. We also haven't had a single bus run through the village for 4 days and we haven't had the grit wagon/snow plough come down the main road of our village at all!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH DEAR

I feel so sorry for you in your idealic expensive countryside looking mansions if you insist on moving so far away from where the action is. Don't expect to be part of it.

Why should you get special/preferential treatment from us "Townies" when you made a conscience effort to get away from us in the first place?

I only live 500 meters from the sorting office and have received nothing this week.

Dont you think you may not have any post in the sorting office??

My hubby gets up every morning at 5am, walks for miles to the "nearest" sorting office (cant get to his own) to get there and no post to sort as is not coming in the vans.

He brought all of the 1 piece of mail home for us.

Brightside is a distubrution center, not a sorting / delivery office. Meaning that no walking postmen go from this office, where the mail is stuck at! (if its got there in the first place)

Edited by Hanksy

My hubby gets up every morning at 5am, walks for miles to the "nearest" sorting office (cant get to his own) to get there and no post to sort as is not coming in the vans.

He brought all of the 1 piece of mail home for us.

Brightside is a distubrution center, not a sorting / delivery office. Meaning that no walking postmen go from this office, where the mail is stuck at! (if its got there in the first place)

do you not think its time they had a contingency plan then and bought some suitable vehicles for such conditions?so that the mail can get to the sorting offices, i know its been bad of late but how do these countries go on where it snows all the time?

do you not think its time they had a contingency plan then and bought some suitable vehicles for such conditions?so that the mail can get to the sorting offices, i know its been bad of late but how do these countries go on where it snows all the time?

Then theyd just put the prices up to pay for them.

ive had no deliveries since monday - even annoying flyers for takeaways (that go straight in the bin) haven't come thru the letterbox

Any post in S10 today?

Nope.

Its not safe for the post men and women to be walking on the icey foot paths to deliver post.

Post cant be delivered to the drop boxes, which are mainly on uncleared side roads.

I wished it would soon get sorted, im fed up of hubby been at home! hehe!

There may not be, but there should be as i am waiting for number items, one of which is quite urgent.

it is possible because the post boxes are not being emptied, i have just tried to post two letters, put them in the box and about 12 fell out into the slush, this was a post box on a main road that has been clear for two days.

As a bread delivery driver I have managed to make all my calls and get back to the depot in Wakefield and home to Sheffield every day, long days but manageable

Havent had a bean since Saturday.

None in s2 so far, our path's are clear and the drop box is accessible but still no post. I am waiting for a cheque with a payment and have very little money until i recieve this. Not good news.