Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

This whole Royal Mail mess just makes me want to cry. I ordered Christmas presents for my kids on 3rd December and they still aren't here. I didn't leave it late and I wouldn't have ordered online at all, only the school was closed on the one day that I was off work and so I couldnt' go Christmas shopping.

To be honest, I don't care how hard the Royal Mail staff have to work to get through this backlog - I want my parcels so that it doesn't spoil my kids' Christmas. We've all been through a lot this year and to have Father Christmas not deliver feels like the last straw. It isn't acceptable and they should be paying overtime and working around the clock to sort them so that we get what we are paying for.

So you don't think just 3 weeks before the event is leaving it late ?

This whole Royal Mail mess just makes me want to cry. I ordered Christmas presents for my kids on 3rd December and they still aren't here. I didn't leave it late and I wouldn't have ordered online at all, only the school was closed on the one day that I was off work and so I couldnt' go Christmas shopping.

To be honest, I don't care how hard the Royal Mail staff have to work to get through this backlog - I want my parcels so that it doesn't spoil my kids' Christmas. We've all been through a lot this year and to have Father Christmas not deliver feels like the last straw. It isn't acceptable and they should be paying overtime and working around the clock to sort them so that we get what we are paying for.

Comment's on this post have been amended due to pm

Edited by kirakk
N/A

I'm a collections driver for RM and today at my 2nd collection point, a company in the city centre, instead of the usual half a sack of letters I collected 27 sacks of packets and 4 sacks of mail. All Xmas cards and freebies for clients.

Multiply this extra mail by the 33 collection points I go to and you can maybe begin to see the problems ?

When the delivery time is 3 days, no I don't. And when you are working all the time and have very little opportunity to go shopping without the kids in tow, I don't think the start of December is too late at all. If I'd left ordering stuff until today, then not getting it in time would be fair enough. But not when I've ordered stuff in good time. Especially when I'm getting junk mail and letters posted 2 days ago, but not parcels that were ordered 2 weeks ago.

I think the problem is that a) the public doesn't know (or care in some cases) quite how much of a backlog there is and b) there is no way to find out where our parcels actually are. I think the posties, delivery drivers and workers at the sorting offices are doing a brilliant job under intense pressure from a very arsey public.

Some people can't afford to shop any earlier.. , anyway thats beside the point the poster has every right to panic.. I'm in the same boat and have used companies that I've shopped with for years and never seen anything like this before. The companies using couriers have a larger backlog than royal mail.

Some people can't afford to shop any earlier.. , anyway thats beside the point the poster has every right to panic.. I'm in the same boat and have used companies that I've shopped with for years and never seen anything like this before. The companies using couriers have a larger backlog than royal mail.

None of the couriers handle anywhere near the amount of packets RM does.

When the delivery time is 3 days, no I don't. And when you are working all the time and have very little opportunity to go shopping without the kids in tow, I don't think the start of December is too late at all. If I'd left ordering stuff until today, then not getting it in time would be fair enough. But not when I've ordered stuff in good time. Especially when I'm getting junk mail and letters posted 2 days ago, but not parcels that were ordered 2 weeks ago.

Well it obviously is.

had 4 packets today in s7, very pleased. One from 25th turned up on weds too ... still waiting for a couple but got the most important ones :)

Makes you wonder how we managed in 81 or the severe winters at the end of 70's.

Not our fault your organisation is a disorganised mess we're the customers and it's up to you lot to provide us with a service and sort it out.

Apparently 20 customers on the bounce had lost parcels at the Woodseats post office. No wonder some got annoyed.

DHL managed to deliver after a slight delay beating the post service s8 by quite few days.

Hmmmm, how did royal mail manage in the 70's did they have online shopping in them days, I think not!!!! The posites are doing their best, working long hours, just give em a break!!