Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Well! Small update... Came home from work today to find two of my eight orders from Play.com had been delivered. So hopefully the rest will follow suit soon (and fingers crossed the forecast snow isn't like it was last time...)

Well! Small update... Came home from work today to find two of my eight orders from Play.com had been delivered. So hopefully the rest will follow suit soon (and fingers crossed the forecast snow isn't like it was last time...)

hi when did u order ur things from play.com my 2 were posted on the 1st and the 7 th of dec. not got them yet. im in s8

Edited by lauradrury

Thats where you're going wrong :hihi:

well i know thats why im worried. looks like hubby might be missing a few pressies at xmas time

Same here, im just glad I started a little early, so its not a total disaster :) x

hi when did u order ur things from play.com my 2 were posted on the 1st and the 7 th of dec. not got them yet. im in s8

Hey!

I ordered mine at the beginning of the month and they were posted out on the 6th (I'm in S35)

went to the Pond St office today to pick up parcels for my friend god the woman with the black tattooed brows on had a real attitude problem and claimed she's looked everywhere but could not find the parcel she took like 2 secs looking for it just to annoy her i was really sweet and smiley yet secretly I wanted to spill my drink all over her.

I had a few parcels yesterday, and another card today, wrong name, right address, and a different name from the one I got the other day! Neither are addressed to any of the previous 3 occupants either lol how weird.

No van delivery today as yet, but only waiting on around 40 things now (down from 100) :)

It's very very common actually! We get a huge amount of cards with the wrong address on, i'm convinced people just guess when they can't remember.

It's more than likely the answer to most 'missing card' complaints.

I give up on post for today. Snow forecast tomorrow, so I guess thats it now. And when they do get back to doing it, it will be under even more backlog. Nice one

IMO there's no chance of deliveries being suspended again, even if it's officially too risky to send us out.

It's too close to xmas and we're too busy, any days of non-delivery now would be a disaster.

IMO there's no chance of deliveries being suspended again, even if it's officially too risky to send us out.

It's too close to xmas and we're too busy, any days of non-delivery now would be a disaster.

Really? As much as I wouldnt want anyone injured, thats good x

My play.com order arrived today too. So there is still hope for those who ordered at the end of November!

Really? As much as I wouldnt want anyone injured, thats good x

Well put it this way - we didn't deliver Wed-Sat last time because of snow (Wed was obviously understandable, I couldnt even get to work), but we delivered the Monday after despite it turning to ice by then and being far more slippery.

Unless there is as much snow as the other week (not going to happen!) there will be deliveries as per normal IMO. Certainly nothing like the disruption last time.