Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Post isn't life or death. Doesn't sound like you are hard out at work either? :loopy:

i went out at 6am to get to my elderly clients and i shall be back out at 11am to go give them there lunch and make sure they are nice and warm then i shall come home and be back out at 5pm n then again at 8pm thanks for your concern

yea but it's the posties that have not deliverd the mail to the delivery offices isn't they should walk and get sledges.

It's the road/rail/air networks that aren't passable to get the mail to the delivery offices you fool

i went out at 6am to get to my elderly clients and i shall be back out at 11am to go give them there lunch and make sure they are nice and warm then i shall come home and be back out at 5pm n then again at 8pm thanks for your concern

Not exactly a ten hour stint carrying a 20kg bag of mail is it.

I don't know about anywhere else, but there's over a foot of snow here overnight on top of yesterday's, and our postie was here today before 9am.

I'm so jealous of you "townies". Us people out on the very edges of Sheffield don't get anything when the weather is bad. We haven't had a postal delivery in our village for 4 days. We also haven't had a single bus run through the village for 4 days and we haven't had the grit wagon/snow plough come down the main road of our village at all!!!

When our village flooded in the summer of 2007, lots of residents called the fire brigade many times to ask them to pump water out of our homes. You know what they said in response?? "Sorry, unless human life is in imminent danger we're too busy looking after the people in Sheffield city centre to bother with the small villages. You're on your own and will have to manage the best you can." We called the council many times to ask them for delivery of emergency sand-bags and they responded "Sorry, we had to use all the available sand-bags to protect the buildings in the city. You're on your own".

We pay the same levels of council tax as you "townies" but never get the same level of service !!! It's time people in rural areas paid less council tax if they don't get the same service. :rant:

Aww, I feel sorry for them if they're working today... It's not fair walking miles in this snow, with heavy bags... They shouldn't have to do it, and people should just get over it.

All deliveries have been suspended in S8/S7 untill further notice.

thanks for the info :)

Hi,thought I would let people know I phoned woodseats sorting office this morning and they said probably wont be post until next week and there will be a backlog as they aren't getting any post through to sort ready for delivery!

Its my daughters 8th birthday sunday and I was waiting for loads of parcels for her but were not going to get them in time:( and on top of that I've had to cancel her party as no one can get there:rant:

I wish this flippin snow would melt!!

Hi,thought I would let people know I phoned woodseats sorting office this morning and they said probably wont be post until next week and there will be a backlog as they aren't getting any post through to sort ready for delivery!

Its my daughters 8th birthday sunday and I was waiting for loads of parcels for her but were not going to get them in time:( and on top of that I've had to cancel her party as no one can get there:rant:

I wish this flippin snow would melt!!

Hi if you would send me your address in a PM i don't mind looking out for your parcels and packets for you to see if you have any!

Edited by BritishProud

and who said royal mail dont deliver! lol, thats so kind of you! x