Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I think it's great all this backlog....got a card through on Saturday, went in Tuesday to collect and apparently it's still not back, thought I'd try again today and again, it's still not back, I'm sure it says 72 hrs not 72 days....This is also the Central office on Pond street that apparently isn't having any problems?

The parcel will go back through the Mail Centre, so any delay will be there and not at Pond St.

I will say one thing though - why oh why don't you (and everyone who orders regularly) make arrangements to have parcels left at a neighbours or in a safe place? I have been sending over half my parcels back because people aren't in, even for Special Delivery items that they have paid a lot extra to have delivered next day!

I have loads of stuff delivered, we're both at work so we have everything left in a safe place. All my parcels have arrived btw, delivered from Pit Lane office (S12/13)

Edited by Rob_1

Still waiting on items despatched in late November.

Had a trickle of post come through after 13 days without any, now haven't had any for the last four days.

Really isn't on.

I delivered some special deliveries today,they were not guaranteed to be delivered before one pm as they would be normally due to the amount of mail to be delivered at this time of year. The items were posted yesterday and are given priority over all the other mail and packets/parcels.

The parcel will go back through the Mail Centre, so any delay will be there and not at Pond St.

I will say one thing though - why oh why don't you (and everyone who orders regularly) make arrangements to have parcels left at a neighbours or in a safe place? I have been sending over half my parcels back because people aren't in, even for Special Delivery items that they have paid a lot extra to have delivered next day!

I have loads of stuff delivered, we're both at work so we have everything left in a safe place.

Fantastic idea........ I shall go write a large sign at once that says if we are at work please leave parcels in the blue box and forge my signature. P.S. If you are a burgler looking for expensive gift please ensure you check the blue box before you leave. :loopy:

how about posties do what they are paid for??

don't know if there will be any effect but the roads and pavements outside are sheet ice tonight

Just been told Dinnington sorting office is leaving the backlog til last and posting newest items first.

Am I hearing that right?

I'm awaiting eBay items posted as early as 23rd November still not here, but people that send stuff now will have it by tomorrow?

Absolute insanity.

Why are they not delivering on Sunday's? (or for that matter, weekdays...)

Looks like i'm for a very disappointed christmas.

Pathetic post.

I was freezing my knackers off today and my hands were numb because i'd forgotten my gloves.I couldn't even hold the pen to write cards out for people that weren't in, I went around in the car when i'd finished and dropped them off.

In the office keeping warm, I wish.

It wasn't our choice not to deliver when it snowed - it's a H&S issue and if we're told we can't go out then that's that. There's also the point os transport - how are posties supposed to get to deliveries with no buses running?

Same here my hands were froze with gloves on,Pen wouldn't write on cards because it was snowing like mad.

A few flurries ?

Finally got warm at home at 3pm from 6am.

Can't wait for saturday when it comes again (the snow) and we are getting everybody out of their nice warm beds waiting for them to eventually find the keys (after trying the door first?)

Yep lazy. easy life we've got.

Fantastic idea........ I shall go write a large sign at once that says if we are at work please leave parcels in the blue box and forge my signature. P.S. If you are a burgler looking for expensive gift please ensure you check the blue box before you leave. :loopy:

:loopy:A designated safe place is one you determine as safe and inform the local D.O that it is ok to leave it there.

No notes on doors. and if you want to sign personally for the item, it will be returned to the office if you are not at home.

:loopy:A designated safe place is one you determine as safe and inform the local D.O that it is ok to leave it there.

No notes on doors. and if you want to sign personally for the item, it will be returned to the office if you are not at home.

I think you do a brilliant job :)

I would have a DO point but I have a dog and although he is a big softie I would not like to risk the day I am in and the dog is in the back garden where my DO point would be :shocked: I know you can arrange to have things dropped at the local PO but the queues are that big there and the opening times so restrictive (working hours) it's easier to go to the sorting office early in the morning.

This whole Royal Mail mess just makes me want to cry. I ordered Christmas presents for my kids on 3rd December and they still aren't here. I didn't leave it late and I wouldn't have ordered online at all, only the school was closed on the one day that I was off work and so I couldnt' go Christmas shopping.

To be honest, I don't care how hard the Royal Mail staff have to work to get through this backlog - I want my parcels so that it doesn't spoil my kids' Christmas. We've all been through a lot this year and to have Father Christmas not deliver feels like the last straw. It isn't acceptable and they should be paying overtime and working around the clock to sort them so that we get what we are paying for.

A typical ignorant post from someone who hasn't got a clue what they are talking about.