Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Just received my parcels today that there despatched on 29 November! Still waiting for the ones that were despatched 3 and 5 Dec. It'll be 50:50 whether I get these in time for Christmas at this rate. Meanwhile I'm continuing to receive 'junk' mail thats only been in the postal system for 2 days - so very annoying!

As wrong as it might sound I've been telling my customers in my area to go down and see my manager because I don't have the answers.....i'm only slightly more in the know more than you lot and from what I've seen today parcels are definatly not all getting out for Xmas there's absolute no chance. My solution is stopping all orders from online retailers now and I mean NOW ! Even with nothing more coming into royal mails system it would be a right squeeze to get everything out for Xmas a miracle is needed to deliver everything waiting in the warehouses, mail centres and delivery offices. We are trying our best everybody is but it's not going to be good enough..... My only advice to people would be buy what you've ordered from the shop and keep the reciept but obviously at a time like this not everyone can afford this I know I certainly couldn't but if you can afford to go out and buy what your waiting for then do !!

As for recieving the "junk mail" that keeps us in a job January to November but in December it's a massive headache on top of everything else I wish royal mail would screw there heads on for Xmas because people waiting like this and backlogged items being pushed to one side is not fair

he's isn't a moron he's a customer expecting a service and isn't been given an acceptable excuse for the delay

I should have probably provided a bit more detail. He was provided with an explanation (the backlog, the parcel not actually being at the site) but still wouldn't stop having a go at the poor guy behind the counter. Just because you represent a company doesn't mean you have any say in how they manage a situation such as this. Therefore it doesn't mean you should have to put up with numerous angry customers without support from a manager (there wasn't one on site, apparently).

I should have probably provided a bit more detail. He was provided with an explanation (the backlog, the parcel not actually being at the site) but still wouldn't stop having a go at the poor guy behind the counter. Just because you represent a company doesn't mean you have any say in how they manage a situation such as this. Therefore it doesn't mean you should have to put up with numerous angry customers without support from a manager (there wasn't one on site, apparently).

Royal mail managers complete and utter joke most of them.

But posties need to remember there also on a good wage and also expected to provide a service so when your not even able to do the simple things like put mail in the right letter box expect people to got angry.

you lost a lot of the publics goodwill when you kept going on strike for all the good its one you.

But i still think the finger of blame should be pointed more at the managers.

i heard a whisper that there are 2 million items at the sheffield mail centre awaiting delivery. to give you some idea of that volume, our office usually gets about 50,000 items on a BAD day! just a warning.

just had five parcels delivered at 7-30pm by courier who told me they are now working for royal mail and delivering the royal mail parcels and foot post small items.im in S20.

Sent the missus a christmas card to our house on Monday "first class" in a post box 20 yards across the road and it still aint come, thought i'd do it that way for a change to test the post lol.

can some1 tell me are recorded deliveries backlogged ( i know all post is) but i dont know why, ive got in my head they kinda have priority, with my past expreince ive recieved recorded deliv parcels within 24 hours.

got a very important package coming..

im not too fussed if its here for crimbo.

just scared if it gets lost cus i paid alot of money for it..

i think people should stop being negative about royal mail..

they work there butts off.. and i have had some lovely postmen and women all smiley and well mannered considering they must be meggaa stressed with the backlog.. Big thumbs up for the work being done!!

can some1 tell me are recorded deliveries backlogged ( i know all post is) but i dont know why, ive got in my head they kinda have priority, with my past expreince ive recieved recorded deliv parcels within 24 hours.

got a very important package coming..

im not too fussed if its here for crimbo.

just scared if it gets lost cus i paid alot of money for it..

i think people should stop being negative about royal mail..

they work there butts off.. and i have had some lovely postmen and women all smiley and well mannered considering they must be meggaa stressed with the backlog.. Big thumbs up for the work being done!!

Recorded deliveries are not priority,you may be thinking of special delivery items.

heard yesterday in post office they won't even guarentee special next day delivery will get there next day Emskies so it could be anywhere.

I think royal mail are going to be VERY out of pocket in january with people claiming for lost parcels.

listen up royal mail manager's......... there are MILLIONS of items of post backlogged. There are MILLIONS of lazy layabouts scrounging benefits off the government and equally lots of decent hard working people who cannot get a job. Tis hardly rocket science to sort a letter or put it thro a door so why not put your hand in your pocket, get some staff in the building (on a 24 hour day rota if need be) and get it sorted. It will ONLY GET WORSE.

What I object to is the fact I HAD to post christmas presents as I was not walking the 200+ miles to get it to peoples houses at the other end of the country. I had to pay FULL PRICE for this 'service' - if yu can't deliver the service you are paid to do why whould we pay you the same cash to do it???

Now we had a few fresh flakes posties will be back in the office keeping warm. So expect bigger delays and xmas post around the spring melt in March.

Pathetic post.

I was freezing my knackers off today and my hands were numb because i'd forgotten my gloves.I couldn't even hold the pen to write cards out for people that weren't in, I went around in the car when i'd finished and dropped them off.

In the office keeping warm, I wish.

It wasn't our choice not to deliver when it snowed - it's a H&S issue and if we're told we can't go out then that's that. There's also the point os transport - how are posties supposed to get to deliveries with no buses running?